• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1000 summit sdi bog

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
ive been having a few problems with this sled most recently the head O rings went out.. had to replace those... i take it out and ride is yesturday and it seems to be running great.. but every once and awhile under wide open throddle is would bog down to like 7000 rmp and sound like crap... but i would let off and pump the throddle a few times and then hammer it again and it would be running great and taching fine.. i just need a little help on what to check next.. ive messed with almost everything on this sled.. and im starting to get sick of it.... when it runs good.. i love it... but when it doesnt, i wish i would have bought an 800 and not had so many problems with it..... someone help please.. thanks guys...

O
Nov 27, 2007
Kamloops
possibly could be a bad injector.
Mine took out the MAG piston last year, simillar symptoms, when gradually throttling up to higher RPMs it would spurratically(sp?) fall on its face at around 5000 to 6000, I would have to flip the throttle a few times to clear, this is while going up the trail to the good stuff. Wouldn't doo it all the time but off and on. Up top didn't notice it prolly cause always varying throttle.
Rebuilt motor complete top to bottom, ran it for 800kms this year, and did the same bog(other than that ran flawless), have my RAVES bang on working good(thought it was that).
Anyway last weekend skyrocketing down the trail from an epic day up top!!! I was runnin pretty hard keepin it in the mid for awhile and noticed the bog (never really noticed it going down) pulled over and it had a hard time running on 2 cyls so shut er down right away (not like last year I kept reving it to clear it up which f%*kd my cyl =$600) sure enough a lean down on the MAG piston.
I know its not the fuel pump cause it does it when full and the PTO side has always been good. I'm pretty sure its a bad MAG side injector, so I would not rule it out on your sled, just another opinion. Anyway I'm having them retested and got some new ones before the new motor goes back in. $118 for a piston isn't too bad and a weekend + case of beer I should be good to go, just waitin for parts.
:beer;

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
yea.. the rave valves are adjusted good.. and how do u go about testing the injections.?? i know the 800's are having some problems.. i just hate to go ridding with my brother and hes got a 04 800 summit.. and his runs like a rapped ape every single time... never had a problem with it.. and it just gets frustraiting after awhile...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
What all have you done so far to fix this?

You can remove your injectors and have them tested and professionally cleaned by a local fuel injection service facility. By the desciption of the complaint it sounds like you're having an issue with the E-Rave system. Even if your cables are adjusted perfectly, swollen gears, binding cables (both very common) and servo motors not fully opening the valves can cause the type of symptoms you're describing. When the valves don't fully open, the excessive back pressure doesn't allow the motor to fully rev with a very distinct sound.

If it were mine, I would take apart the valves, clean them, replace the nylon gears, replace the e-rave cables and verify that you have the 07 mid-alt mapping. The 05, 06, and 06.5 mapping were terrible for e-rave timing/secondary injector synchronization on some sleds. If you don't upgrade the mapping, you'll be chasing your tail as I did for a whole season in 05/06. Fortaunately for you, the 07 mapping is available nowadays.

Verify battery voltage is 12.5 volts, fuel pressure is 58 psi. Replace relays, check fuses, etc.

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
i can move the erave valves with my hand very easily im i guess that doesnt mean there still isnt something wrong with it.. i have taken them apart and cleaned them pretty well... adjusted them and put the rear end of the sled on a stand and made sure they were working properly.. seemed to work effortlesly. changed fuel pumps with the one u suggested. the sled doesnt always bog.... it just does it sometimes... sometimes it will only do it like once or twice a ride. i was told my by the dealer is has the 07 mapping, but i will check. if it turns out the mapping isnt the 07 mid altitude is that like a recall where is free of charge, or is that something im gonna have to pay to get done? battery is brand new... im gonna get all new relays and all the fuses are good..

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
The 07 mapping does NOT fall under a recall. None of the OEM's (even automakers) provide this free of charge UNLESS it's under warranty. But believe me, it's well worth the 1/2-1 hour of shop time to have it and a TPS reset done. Completely different sled.

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
ok.. well i will call and see if i can get the sled in and get the mapping done if it doesnt already have it.. i hope it doesnt and thats all i need to do..

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
What do your plugs look like at the moment of the bog after a few seconds of it boggin.???

I ask because i am currently working on my old one, That i sold;), That has the exact same sounding problems.

I just had the injectors tested today and they were good.

But afeter we got the thing apart, I had a thought That i had problems with other plugs on the sled getting corroded, And assessed them, But there was 1 that I have never had undone, That was the plugs on the ECU itself.
Popped th first one lose, and it all looked good, Popped the second one lose and there for sure was 1 wire that most likely wasn't making a connection, Checked what color it was and chased it to the TPS.

I am thinkin that would be the connection to tell the computer that the injectors need to open.

PS you might as well keep it, If you sell it to a local you may make friends with him and have it in your garage anyway.;)

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
main wiring harness just got replaced this year... plugs looked fine..(about cardboard color) i wanted to change them... but some retard behind the counter gave me the wrong plugs.. and i didnt even check them.. a few weeks ago in ridding in some super fluffy snow i was running the suggested K&N pod filters and every time i would get off the trail and dip my front end in the snow it would.. but on the trail for a few minutes it would be fine.. put the stock airbox back on and never had the same bogging problem again.. its just this everyonce and awhile bog... i will try to pull it in the garage this week and check all the connections.. but the dealer suposably did all that when they replaced the harness... nitroskidude if you figure this thing out before me.. let me know and i will do the same for you

M

mustang1

Nov 2, 2008
Having same problem with my 05 summit ,put in 07summit program did not fix.Had it out on friday bog on every poke just about.Took it to dealer on saterday got them to put in 07 MXZ1000 program,mid altitude,they realy asked why, did not want to do it at first.Went out sunday ran best it has ever ran. All day only got it to bog once.It tightens up the gep between low rpm injectors and high ones.Dont know if this will work for you only cost $50 to do but I was very happy.Going out again see if it holds true.Good luck on yours like to see the big 1000 work like they can.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Did you try setting adjustments on the throttle bodies?? The screw with the yellow stripe over it?? That takes the throttle bodies out of sink--I know this because I did it--My mechanic was able to get this close enough to factory spec for it to work properly, but it is set at the factory and NOT to be touched. It did create a bog untill the dealer fixed it.

Otherwise--No issues with mine--I run the 06 program and it runs great--now if I could just get about 50 pounds out of the nose--it would rock.

H20SKE...

I

imobdeep907

Dec 2, 2008
Anchorage
i havent touched the throttle bodies... but maybe i will have them check on it when i take it to get the 07 mid altitude mapping..

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Paul, you still taking me tuna fishin this summer??

-now if I could just get about 50 pounds out of the nose--it would rock.

This was the reason I jumped on a Polaris 900 this year. Same power, 30 lbs. less.

I run the 06 program and it runs great-

Some RT's have been able to run the 06 map without issues. Most could not! Mine had TERRIBLE bogging with the 06 and 06.5 maps. The problem was the inconsistent E-rave opening before the secondary injectors added fuel. Twins would only magnify this 10 fold. The 07 mid altitude mapping on the dyno showed a 12-13 horsepower gain on the top end and more with the seat of the pants dyno.

An RT with 06 map can't hold a candle to an RT with 07 mid-alt map in performance and proper runnability.

imodeep907, get your sled updated to the 07 map and have a TPS reset done and you'll have a new sled. BUDS will want idle set at 2,200-2,400. Actually you'll want to set it at 1,800 as the 07 mid alt map has a lean decel and will hang at 3,000 rpm for about 4-5 seconds when coming to a stop. Setting the idle at 1,800 or adding fuel with a boondocker box solves this.

S
Jan 29, 2009
Afton Wy.
are you over reving on the R.P.M's? this will cause you sled to do exactly what you said, if you are getting up around 8500 r.p.m.'s this could be the problem, if so turn your clickers down one number. I had this problem on my 2007 1000

Premium Features