• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Friendly Cities US and Canada

T
May 31, 2010
Greetings all:
My wife and I ride trails 2up and love to ride areas where snowmobiles are welcome around town. Such places we have ridden are West Yellowstone MT, Seeley Lake, MT, Grand Lake CO, Island Park ID, and Old Forge NY.
Can anyone mention other areas like those where sleds and clothing can be rented, and where trails and snow are usually good in late February? It is so great to be able to get around from place to place including to and from the trails via sled.
Thanks for the help.
Tbers

Pine-sol

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
Northern & UP of Michigan. Completely set up for that. Great trails that take you everywhere, if wanted, you could rent sleds & take a multi- day trip from town town & see all different things. The vast majority of the area is sled friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
May 31, 2010
Thanks a lot.
If you mean Munising, and Sault St. Marie I have been considering them.
Live in Florida though and have to plan ahead and hope there is good snow conditions for dates picked.

D
Mar 19, 2015
U.P. of MI
I agree with the UP being snowmobile friendly. I moved here in January, and there are groomed snowmobile trails all over the place. Snowmobiles are allowed on the shoulders of most roads (or at least, in the counties around here), and business do what they can to cater to them.
It is not mountain riding, but there are good places (with lots of snow) to ride up North near Superior. If you and your wife are more into trails, they are here in abundance.
February should have plenty of snow.

N
Dec 12, 2015
Northern Ontario offers some great riding . Sudbuy, Timmins, New Liskeard, Parry Sound. Although this year we have NO snow yet , when we do get snow it's great riding. Many trails are accessible right from the front door of many hotels or lodges. You can do half day trips, full day loops or multi-day loops .

Premium Features