• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Felker Motorsports top notch!!

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Well I have had a heck of a week.....it started out last friday, we were in the Big Horns, Burgess Jctn Wyoming. My old stomping grounds!! Hubby borrowed a sled from my good friend, yes it was a skidoo........which he is not used to :)
He is happy really!!!
attachment.php

After some stucks, ok, alot of stucks from our group, he was getting the hang of it. Now he realizes why I can't ride his cat...lol Anyways, we had a good day of riding and we were in our last valley before we headed out....awesome long climb, couldn't make it the first time, so I hit it again.....that is when it happened....:( Turned out and the sled died right then, I knew she was done. Tired and wore out.......the pull rope wouldn't come any farther than 5 inches.....she was ceized. So I pulled the plugs, and the PTO side was white with flakes, the exhaust side was perfect. URGH, so I get some oil in the cylinders to coat them just in case I can get it started to get it back up the other side to tow her back. We got her broke lose, just gave her a few minutes and she was ok.....but didn't want to do any more damage so got her to the top of the other side and towed her out......loaded her into the truck and there she sat.

Right before she died

attachment.php

She watched me go get a 2012 800 146 etec from Action Motor Sports (Gillette Wy). I borrowed his wifes sled for the next day....WOW what a nice ride :) We had a great day!! This is where it gets AWESOME!!! We come home from our great time, and I call Felker Motor Sports first thing Monday morning wanting to get pricing for parts. Next thing I know is I have a new short block motor in my hot little hands today. I want to thank Brooke, Lynn and the rest of the Felker crew for your awesome customer service and being such a great dealership!!!

attachment.php

Big Horns 2011.jpg Big Horns 2011 sean.jpg Motor.jpg

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
Agreed!! Dont you love getting treated like an actual person/ fellow rider sometimes? I decided to not spend hardly a dime elsewhere since I found them!! Thanks guys from the skinny blonde white boy!
P

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Your sled was not left near Meadow Lake on the Flat tops one day this past year was it??? There was a Doo that was left near Meadow Lake last year and it sure looked a lot like yours.

Sam

Farmer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Carbondale, CO
Sam,
That wasn't her sled. We were up in Wyoming riding the Big Horns west of Sheridan Wyoming, when her sled went down. Thankfully thanks to some of her good friends we were able to get the sled pulled out that day. Can't say enough about good friends.

Sean

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
If anyone knows Ski-Doo it is Lynn. Good guy, he often donates winnings from his competition on sleds back to the organization.

Premium Features