• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris IQ clutch guard removal TPS Intake Boots

A
Feb 20, 2008
Hi All.

I've got an 09 Shift 600 136 and an 11 Shift 600 136. Both sleds have around 2k miles on them.

My 09 in general runs really good and feels fast. WOT runs consistently between 8200-8300 rpm. When running at higher trail speeds gets a little bit of a lean bog at 3/4 throttle once in awhile... i let off, get back into the throttle, and it usually goes away. Thinking about checking the TPS setting and then the intake boots <- to see if they are cracked leaking in a little air causing the lean bog.

My 11 doesn't feel as fast as my 09. At WOT it typically only makes it to about 8100 rpm. I put new springs in the clutches, made sure all was good with power valves.. new belt. I was thinking of checking the TPS on this sled as well. Could the TPS setting cause a sled to not run the target rpm at WOT? The sled idles fine at 1700 rpm.

I already have the TPS measuring device. I had made one & used it to adjust TPS on both of my edge chasis 600's.

When i look at doing this work on the IQ's, it looks to be a bit challenging to get the throttle bodies off. Anyone have some tips for how to remove that clutch guard so a person can get to the throttle bodies? Must have to remove / peel back the much of the wiring harness, and then remove cowling so you can get to the bolts that hold on the guard?

Could a person drill out the rivets that hold the panel that goes down by throttle body / TPS? and then have enough room to work in there without taking the whole clutch guard out? then for putting the side panel back in place could maybe just bolt it on with small bolts?

I looked for some instructional vids on youtube for removing cfi throttle body or cfi motor, but didn't find anything terribly helpful.

Heading west on a trip in 4 days. Hoping to have my 11 running as good as possible for that trip.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Cheers,
Aaron

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
I don't know if the 600 shifts are that much different then an 800 cfi. If they are pretty similar then to get to the throttle bodies u have to remove the air box. The plastic guard comes off the clutch cover but all the metal stays in place. There's hose clamps that secure the air box boots to the t-bodies and a hole on the metal plate under the clutch cover u can get a long Phillips screw driver in to get the pto side clamp.

Imo the only way to check the tps settings is with the whole thing removed and on a work bench. It's alittle intimidating at first but all in all not to bad. definitely check your oil pump setting with a mirror while your in there.

As far as the tps setting causing your bog I wouldn't think so but it's always good to check anyway.

I'm fairly new to the cfi thing and most my info relates to 800's so maybe someone with better 600info can chime in. But it's my understanding that Polaris has these 2 strokes mapped really tight on the lean side to try and comply with strick emission. That combined with there horrible exhaust valve system (which they finally fixed with the axys electronic cable system) makes it a must to have a fuel controller to add fuel in those lean areas.

Premium Features