• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo LinQ Bags and Fuel Caddy's

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I cant wait till they get rid of that crappy linq system... im starting to see more and more people build a mount to run polaris bags

Does anyone make a mount to run Polaris bags on the Doo?

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
Now if they would just take the linq slim bag and put the fancy dividers in it, get rid of that goofy roll top thing and add a separate compartment like Polaris burandt bag

But maybe that’s just me

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Now if they would just take the linq slim bag and put the fancy dividers in it, get rid of that goofy roll top thing and add a separate compartment like Polaris burandt bag

But maybe that’s just me

Couldn't agree more. I have grown to being adverse to opening my tunnel bag while out. Roll top is a bit of a pain and that makes the fitment of the lid a bit janky if you don't end up rolling it up the same every time.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Dave, I didn't see it as an option in the Accessories when I built an X Expert, but can use still use the seat bag with the new seat on the Expert?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave, I didn't see it as an option in the Accessories when I built an X Expert, but can use still use the seat bag with the new seat on the Expert?

Yes, but dont buy that seat bag, in my opinion it is the worse bag we make due to the fact that we make the seat small so you can get your foot around and swing through the back of the seat then you put a bag on there that hinders you, try it with out then put one on and you will never run it. guys say they get use to it but truthfully if they take it off and discover the freedom, they will never put it back on, get the sport bag, even if you dont fill it put the packable jacket in the stop things from shaking around and as your safety jacket and you will be glad you did, i use the slim waterproof bag and have no problem with the roll up as it allows more space or less, it does not take up space unless you have very little in the bag and then it does not matter...best bag out there and shovel on top, rules!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Couldn't agree more. I have grown to being adverse to opening my tunnel bag while out. Roll top is a bit of a pain and that makes the fitment of the lid a bit janky if you don't end up rolling it up the same every time.

I like the roll top, it is fast as I dont even roll it just fold it, and it allows you to put a ton of stuff or a little, yes the roll top takes up more space but only if you have a few small items in it and so it does not matter at that point...I have been testing some bags for 2021 and without a roll top i find when you remove the cover there is powder onto of the bag and because you can lift the bag up before opening when you open it the powder falls in the bag, that is much worse in my opinion....

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Fair enough. I keep a packable insulated shell in there for trail riding so the volume does change a bit throughout the day for me but maybe I'm a rarer case. Also more of an issue with the buckle system than the rolltop.

Since you're looking at future bags, maybe send them one of the sealine dry bags. It basically has a soft one way air valve so it's super quick to evacuate air. Maybe they can be inspired to find a similar solution or license it.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Fair enough. I keep a packable insulated shell in there for trail riding so the volume does change a bit throughout the day for me but maybe I'm a rarer case. Also more of an issue with the buckle system than the rolltop.

Since you're looking at future bags, maybe send them one of the sealine dry bags. It basically has a soft one way air valve so it's super quick to evacuate air. Maybe they can be inspired to find a similar solution or license it.

Yes I get that, just to give you an idea we have some t-grip fully waterproof bags, the zipper is 35.00 US which translates into 150.00 at retail. Insane i know but it is the price of goods these days, I use the one way in those dry bags for water sports, i think the roll top is better and nothing to break in the cold climate those would be in and are already susceptible to breaking, the tab breaks off those then you have to not lose the button that makes it water proof. Simple is better in a winter element, and not he price, I know bags are expensive but if you don't know why, then i welcome anyone to design and make one and then sell it and you will soon learn why it is a challenge cost wise.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've found that a roll or 2 max on the Slim bag works totally fine is way less of a PITA to fold and deal with. I can't imagine going down to the suggested line every time.

Haven't had anything wet in there yet!

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Yes I get that, just to give you an idea we have some t-grip fully waterproof bags, the zipper is 35.00 US which translates into 150.00 at retail. Insane i know but it is the price of goods these days, I use the one way in those dry bags for water sports, i think the roll top is better and nothing to break in the cold climate those would be in and are already susceptible to breaking, the tab breaks off those then you have to not lose the button that makes it water proof. Simple is better in a winter element, and not he price, I know bags are expensive but if you don't know why, then i welcome anyone to design and make one and then sell it and you will soon learn why it is a challenge cost wise.
Don't have to tell me twice. I work in that industry. But, plenty of bags have shown that it's doable. Just talk to fly fisherman.
Not sure we're aligned on that bag I linked to. It doesn't need to be touched and is soft/flexible. It simply acts as a one-way air-valve. It rolls up just like every other dry bag (and the tunnel bag) but the 'valve' allows air to escape so you can easily evacuate the extra air. Would work fine on the tunnel bags if they attached the liner to the bag

Edit: valve is called purgeair.

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Don't have to tell me twice. I work in that industry. But, plenty of bags have shown that it's doable. Just talk to fly fisherman.
Not sure we're aligned on that bag I linked to. It doesn't need to be touched and is soft/flexible. It simply acts as a one-way air-valve. It rolls up just like every other dry bag (and the tunnel bag) but the 'valve' allows air to escape so you can easily evacuate the extra air. Would work fine on the tunnel bags if they attached the liner to the bag

Edit: valve is called purgeair.

Ah yes different valve than i was thinking, yes that could work well also! cheers dave

W
Sep 9, 2013

Dave, have you not broken any buckles on your slim waterproof? I broke 2 already and I haven't used it a half dozen times and it doesn't get real cold here either. Also snapped the pull rope handle clean off the other day on my 18. Hopefully just bad luck for me.

Coblue

Premium Member
May 15, 2010
I totally agree for mountain riding. My 17 came with that bag and I tweaked my knee when my foot hung up on the bag. Looking hard at tunnel bags.

"dont buy that seat bag, in my opinion it is the worse bag we make due to the fact that we make the seat small so you can get your foot around and swing through the back of the seat then you put a bag on there that hinders you"

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave, have you not broken any buckles on your slim waterproof? I broke 2 already and I haven't used it a half dozen times and it doesn't get real cold here either. Also snapped the pull rope handle clean off the other day on my 18. Hopefully just bad luck for me.

That does sound like bad luck for sure, I agree the buckles need to be better, the issue is finding a happy medium of not holding snow so you can get them undone(why the current ones were choose) over stronger ones that clog and ice with snow so u can release them. If u have ever had this happen to your pack buckles at the end of the day you know what I mean.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I totally agree for mountain riding. My 17 came with that bag and I tweaked my knee when my foot hung up on the bag. Looking hard at tunnel bags.

"dont buy that seat bag, in my opinion it is the worse bag we make due to the fact that we make the seat small so you can get your foot around and swing through the back of the seat then you put a bag on there that hinders you"

I actually like that bag and have had no issues with moving around on the sled.

Premium Features