• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What % of the user fee goes to charity?

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Going back and forth over this fee. I have seen that a portion of it goes to charity....So I have a simple question...how much goes to charity?

Ace

B
Dec 3, 2007
That is privaleged information only for the eyes of the paying. Now if you are willing to pay .02 per day, blah blah blah, here have some more kool-aid, then you are more then welcome to that information.

I say just donate straight to these groups yourself that way you know exactly what % is going to them. What says he isn't going to lie to us about the % in order to get more people to say 'oh that makes it worth it' just to get some more dollars and to make it look like people are really excited bout the site and are paying? He has been very deceptive so far and obviously doesn't give .02 about our opinion.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
the money will likely be designated to the LDS Avow site and then filtered to the charities in need...and the amount will be determined by the trips needed to warmer climates and resorts to assess the needs..

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
It is one of the benefits from membership, which I am considering doing! I just want all the facts! Why can't this simple question be answered???

Ace

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
It is one of the benefits from membership, which I am considering doing! I just want all the facts! Why can't this simple question be answered???

Ace

Only Christopher or a Admin could answer that. I will attempt to get his attention via PM and find out.

It's not that anyone is trying to hide anything, just please be patient.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Only Christopher or a Admin could answer that. I will attempt to get his attention via PM and find out.

....and I have sent two messages as well....one last eveing, and one this morning. I am trying to be patient, but I have seen him respond to other threads in this same section without replying to mine.

...I am very serious in membership, but want all the details. Should be a quick answer!!!

Thank you!

Ace

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca

Why try and get his attention via pm? We know he's viewed this thread and the question is clearly stated in the first post. If their is nothing to hide why not answer the question?

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
....and I have sent two messages as well....one last eveing, and one this morning. I am trying to be patient, but I have seen him respond to other threads in this same section without replying to mine.

...I am very serious in membership, but want all the details. Should be a quick answer!!!

Thank you!

Ace

Why try and get his attention via pm? We know he's viewed this thread and the question is clearly stated in the first post. If their is nothing to hide why not answer the question?

Just a guess here, but I bet he can't answer that until given permission from Harris Pub.

W
Dec 1, 2007
Montana
This is just my opinion,I don't think we will get an answer on this because it is still to early to tell how much money they are going to bring in.They won't commit to a % until all the fancy new upgrades have been paid for and they know how much profit there is going to be.

If they commit to a certain % now and this site does not bring in the money they are counting on it cuts into their profit.I can understand why they won't commit for this reason.

They don't need or have to tell us anything they don't want to,as we can see.It would be in their best interest to be straight forward with us, in my opinion.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
This is from the original letter sent out...

Supporting Snowmobiling:

A portion of every membership fee received at SnoWest will be set apart to create a fund from which donations will be made to organizations that are dedicated to supporting the sport of Snowmobiling. Organizations such as SAWS, Blue Ribbon Coalition, ARRA, American Avalanche Association, ect.. will all be available for you to choose from as a recipient of your contribution.

Ace

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Why have this not been responded to?

Ace

I would think any of the members who paid would know who they were able to donate to. Adrenalin mentioned that he chose American Avalanche Assoc., so the options are obviously there. I don't think anyone is trying to hide them as when you sign up you obviously have the list to choose from. I would guess at that point it would tell you something like "5% of your membership fees will go to one of these charities, please choose one" Nobody who has paid can remember this?

Let's be honest though, if you're worried about where 5% of $10 goes ($.50, don't get me wrong, does add up with 5k members or so) you should probably send BRC or SAWS that check for $.50 yourself just to prove how loyal you are!

Last edited:
E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
I would think any of the members who paid would know who they were able to donate to. Adrenalin mentioned that he chose American Avalanche Assoc., so the options are obviously there. I don't think anyone is trying to hide them as when you sign up you obviously have the list to choose from. I would guess at that point it would tell you something like "5% of your membership fees will go to one of these charities, please choose one" Nobody who has paid can remember this?

Let's be honest though, if you're worried about where 5% of $10 goes ($.50, don't get me wrong, does add up with 5k members or so) you should probably send BRC or SAWS that check for $.50 yourself just to prove how loyal you are!

The verbiage said "a portion" of the membership fee. A percentage was not provided. At least not as far as I recall.

Premium Features