• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ktm 570sx/rekluse set up

C
Jun 27, 2014
Got a 525sx with a rekluse z-start. Has. 570 bb, cut head, cam and 43mm carb. I have NO experience with rekluse clutch. Rekluse says to tune with tires on. Can anyone get me close? Who has one set up and with what balls and spring. Will go on a dyno with the wheel, but need it close. Thanks

steve250f@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Mar 20, 2008
Fort mcmurray ab
570 recluse

I have 570 ktm pretty much the same as yours have the St mountain horse with the heavy spring and 6 tungsten balls it would slip went to 9 tungsten balls and the rest steel it was good all winter no slippage hope that helps

C
Jun 27, 2014
Steve, dose it pull pretty hard? Motor will be going back together Monday or teusday when I get the crank back from the weld shop. Also what spring are you running hi, med, low? Thanks

steve250f@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Mar 20, 2008
Fort mcmurray ab

Yes bike pulls really hard good bottom end with good over rev on top compared to stock . In the clutch I went with the heavy spring ,also switched my trans form exc gears to the 6spd mxc trans that really helped also

C
Jun 27, 2014
This helps a bunch. Thank you. Hope to put it together this week and get it on the dyno to dial it in. Can't wait to go ride it. I have a pile of gears in case I need them. Got 13,14,15 for the bike and a 16 for the kit. See what happens. Thanks for the help

C
Jun 27, 2014
Got clutch slipping going on. The first day it hit hard and after 5hrs it started slipping. Any ideas? Was using mobile 0-40 oil.

steve250f@hotmail.com

Premium Member
Mar 20, 2008
Fort mcmurray ab
Check free play I missed it the first time also ,new or old clutch plates have mix an match to get proper clearance ,don't know about your oil never used it I'm using t-6 rotelling 5/40 no issues think that's what recluse recommends good luck

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I would say it's breaking in and you need to redue the freeplay... I vote for the rotella also..

C
Jun 27, 2014
The oil is not good. It ate the fiber off the plates. Also I had some other issues as to setting it up wrong I think. I think I got it now, testing it in the morning.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
The oil is not good. It ate the fiber off the plates. Also I had some other issues as to setting it up wrong I think. I think I got it now, testing it in the morning.
I would not suggest any other full synthetic besides the rotella.. I find it causes access slipping.

C
Jun 27, 2014
Fibers were ate off. Went back to factory clutch do to setting the rekluse up wrong. Had some damage to it. New part coming. But still need to ride. Also the rekluse put more power down the way I had it set up. Got stiffer clutch springs in the factory one and it helped.

Premium Features