• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

President Trump's speech to Congress

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I'm interested in everyone's opinion to the unifying message delivered by President Trump last night.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Libtards sat on their hands the whole night.....they wouldn't flinch even when the things they agree with were mentioned.:face-icon-small-con

C
Nov 13, 2015
Couldn't agree more, then they stormed out like children when it ended. To see his renewed support for Law Enforcement was great. I don't agree with him on everything but I think he genuinely is trying to do the right thing.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I was really surprised that everyone in the senate was quite respectful and no one screamed out "YOU LIE" OH wait that was different Never mind.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I thought he was much more presidential than in his campaign i.e. more presidential. I thought he did a good job talking to both sides of the isle and sticking to what he has said all along. He made promises, keeping some of them already, and sticking to them now. I like it.

Dems, get with the program. Agree or disagree, you need to respect the highest office in the US. How do we teach kids to respect authority and become basic good professional people when the people that run this country act like that? That's disgraceful.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I thought he was much more presidential than in his campaign i.e. more presidential. I thought he did a good job talking to both sides of the isle and sticking to what he has said all along. He made promises, keeping some of them already, and sticking to them now. I like it.

Dems, get with the program. Agree or disagree, you need to respect the highest office in the US. How do we teach kids to respect authority and become basic good professional people when the people that run this country act like that? That's disgraceful.

You say that now, but I seem to remember a lot of disrespect toward the president the last 8 years that was either not remarked on, or celebrated.

It apparently worked for the republicans, maybe the dems are just stealing strategy.

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
I agree with Idcatman . I believe its going to be gridlock again , either side WILL NOT agree on anything for the reason that it's job not to. Kudos only come when one side stops the other.And again Americans have to witness the whole frustrating mess. Aside from that he actually did sound more presidential.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Maybe trump would get more respect if he quit disrespecting others. Never seen a president brag on himself constantly like he does. Acts like a spoiled child when people disagree with him. Fake news, he knows more than the generals, more than the intelligence community, excluding members of the media from press conferences for being too "hard on him", really? Then there's telling federal judges even a "bad" high school student would rule in his favor. Is this acceptable behavior from our president? Is this the model we want our children to look up to and respect? Mocking people is not a way to gain respect. I always thought that was earned and he has definitely got a long way to go for that...

Trump quote of the week:

Who knew healthcare was so complicated???

Must be run by some of those bad hombre's:face-icon-small-sho

Last edited:
J
Jan 15, 2010

We sure as he!! dont teach kids anything by suggesting they act like Donny or that they should respect someone who acts like him, president or janitor.

Donny hasn't done a damn thing to earn my respect. I don't care about party lines etc, you want respect, earn it and show it to others. That man is incapable of respecting anyone other than himself. The level of disrespect he has shown from the beginning, before anyone had a chance to give him a chance is off the charts. How about the intense disrespect he showed to YOU and everyone else when he put out a report from his doctor saying he was the healthiest individual to ever seek the office and expected you to believe it. The guy is a flabby fast food eating blob, WTF??? And that's just a fart in the windstorm of this clown.

As for his speech, he said the same bullsh!t, just in a nicer way. It was kinda obvious he just read the screen and did what bannon told him to... I give him 2-3 days max before he is insulting someone like a 12 yr old on twitter again.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
We sure as he!! dont teach kids anything by suggesting they act like Donny or that they should respect someone who acts like him, president or janitor.

Donny hasn't done a damn thing to earn my respect. I don't care about party lines etc, you want respect, earn it and show it to others. That man is incapable of respecting anyone other than himself. The level of disrespect he has shown from the beginning, before anyone had a chance to give him a chance is off the charts. How about the intense disrespect he showed to YOU and everyone else when he put out a report from his doctor saying he was the healthiest individual to ever seek the office and expected you to believe it. The guy is a flabby fast food eating blob, WTF??? And that's just a fart in the windstorm of this clown.

As for his speech, he said the same bullsh!t, just in a nicer way. It was kinda obvious he just read the screen and did what bannon told him to... I give him 2-3 days max before he is insulting someone like a 12 yr old on twitter again.

Wow, you seem bitter.
It appears that your opinion won't be changed regardless of what our great President does.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Wow, you seem bitter.
It appears that your opinion won't be changed regardless of what our great President does.
He has every right to be bitter.
IMO take the word "great" out of your reply. Other wise it's just another alternative fact.
He bragged about the great success of the recent raid in Yemen. Lets see now. They didn't get the bad guy. (Obama did.) Several civilians killed and wounded. One of our serviceman killed and several wounded. Trump claims it was a great success. John McCain stated it was not a success. So who are WE going to believe?
McCain, a war hero. Which Trumps dismisses as a war hero.
Or Trump, a person with five draft deferments. Four for collage, and one for bad feet.
So yeah, I too am bitter. My friend, an ex Marine and former co-worker who served in Vietnam is now suffering from agent orange, and it's not good. And now I see a draft dodger holding the highest office in the land.

J
Jan 15, 2010
Wow, you seem bitter.

When someone lies and twists as much as him (although I've never quite experienced it to this level) there is no way they can be trusted. He thinks the masses are complete idiots and will continue to treat you as such. I bet they had a heck of a laugh when he won, I'm sure the line was "I can't believe they fell for it..."

Great president... that's a good one, thanks for the laugh. Right up there with "the Mexicans will pay for the wall".

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
At least he is trying to do what he said he was going to do............... wasn't empty promises! okay ready to be bashed
hat.gif
for loving AMERICA!
face-icon-small-tongue.gif
and change hehehe

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
When someone lies and twists as much as him (although I've never quite experienced it to this level) there is no way they can be trusted. He thinks the masses are complete idiots and will continue to treat you as such. I bet they had a heck of a laugh when he won, I'm sure the line was "I can't believe they fell for it..."

Great president... that's a good one, thanks for the laugh. Right up there with "the Mexicans will pay for the wall".

Sorry, but arguing against President Trump's character is gonna fall on deaf ears after coming off of eight years Obama.

As others have said, he's doing just what he campaigned on, and that's great!
Certainly the markets have responded extremely positive, which helps nearly all of us.

Guys, I'm only seeing upsides thus far.

J
Jan 15, 2010
I thought President Trump did a fine job. I also believe people need to judge him on what they SEE and what actually happens rather than the media narrative.

What they SEE- yea, I saw his direct criticism of a republican federal judge appointed by a republican president... you can't really say the media distorted his twitter feed. I don't care who you are , a rational sane person doesn't call a federal judge "so called" or say that another one is biased because he is a Mexican.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
What they SEE- yea, I saw his direct criticism of a republican federal judge appointed by a republican president... you can't really say the media distorted his twitter feed. I don't care who you are , a rational sane person doesn't call a federal judge "so called" or say that another one is biased because he is a Mexican.

So he hurt your feelings, we get that.
He says what's on his mind, and that is not always the politically correct statements that people want to hear.
Would I want him teaching Sunday School? Probably not. Obama was extremely politically correct to the point that he couldn't even admit who was cutting off Christian's heads. I guess I prefer President Trump's transparent persona.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
He says what's on his mind, and that is not always the politically correct statements that people want to hear.
Would I want him teaching Sunday School? Probably not. Obama was extremely politically correct to the point that he couldn't even admit who was cutting off Christian's heads. I guess I prefer President Trump's transparent persona.

Wish we had his transparent tax returns.

Also think that maybe implying we have a problem with all Muslims is playing right into the hands of the terrorists. They want moderate Muslims to hate us just as much as they do, and we're giving them every reason to.

J
Jan 15, 2010

Transparent, that's a really good one, how do you come up with all these? if there is one thing trump is not its transparent. If there was nothing to hide in his tax returns or the Russia issue or anything else a smart person would put it all on the table and shut everyone up for good. That doesn't seem like an option. It's like a kid accused of stealing candy-the one who opens his pockets obviously didn't take any, the kid who refuses to...

A very smart guy once said "do not make enemies with people who purchase ink by the barrel." I'd call that very sound advice in the world of politics. Says a lot about Donny that that was the first thing he did and continues to do daily.

Premium Features