• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFFICIAL 2017 YAMAHA TURBO REVEAL!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Im sure it will be another high quality Yamaha sled. But the demand just isn't there for it in the MTNs. Yamaha needs to offer this boosted 4 stroke AND a 2 stroke, they could possibly have the best of both worlds if they did.

The Viper was a HUGE step forward from the Nytro.
Its likely the SideWinder will be another major step forward for Yamaha in the Mountain Segment.

Those Japanese, they take the Looooong view on things.
Slow and Steady, one step at a time.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Its likely the SideWinder will be another major step forward for Yamaha in the Mountain Segment.

the way they are moving now i will be dead when they get it right:face-icon-small-dis.

if they took 25lbs off the sled & the new motor it would be a huge step in the mtn segment.
the motor is huge but the rest is not & its 3000$ more can than the competition,that is not competitive.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
the way they are moving now i will be dead when they get it right:face-icon-small-dis.

if they took 25lbs off the sled & the new motor it would be a huge step in the mtn segment.
the motor is huge but the rest is not & its 3000$ more can than the competition,that is not competitive.

WHERE the heck did you see an MSRP of $19,899????

attachment.php

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Im sure it will be another high quality Yamaha sled. But the demand just isn't there for it in the MTNs. Yamaha needs to offer this boosted 4 stroke AND a 2 stroke, they could possibly have the best of both worlds if they did.

which is why they targeted the cross over market because they know they aren't putting out what the mountain crowd wants. I bet they are just waiting for EPA to force the industry into 4 strokes where yammi will finally start taking the mountain segment seriously.

B

big_red1a

Oct 23, 2008

All looks Great and I'm sure that Yamaha will continue to build the best motors with unbeatable fit and finish and unsurpassed reliability. May have been ground breaking if they released it in 2010 Now this is just an old chassis with an improved turbo (over aftermarket) that has warranty.
Two stroke manufactures have been listening to their customers, they are building engines that last longer with higher horse power and better reliability with 100 lbs weight savings at a significantly lower cost. It's unfortunate that Yamaha did not stay in the game!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Thoughts??

Your all excited about the motor Christopher. Understandable because that's all you've ridden. A motor. Since '08.
You think you are a Yamaha faithful, lol. I've been waiting for Yamaha to come back since '93.
Next year I hope you experience the rest of a mountain package on your new Doo's.

As for the new tech engine, definitely showing a commitment to turbos and maybe sledin', but nothing innovative if you look towards the auto world.
I think the new Doo 850 is a greater technological leap for the snowmobile world. Specifically in the mountains because,,,,get ready,,,weight.

What's exciting to me is,,, this is the first season in along time that Yamaha has really spent some money on sled stuff.

They had to. Your pie graphs showed they have lost market share even after teaming up with Cat for a chassis and "stuff".
The "stuff" part from Cat must have originally been disgusting on the floor of a Yamaha showroom. So money had to be spent here.

Now the clutching, they didn't need to spend money, but they did. That actually shows a change in interest-commitment to me. More Yamaha like than in recent history to me because they could have gone Team easier.

The other thing is the re-introduction of the VK540. Small market, boring on Snowest, but a 2 stroke, with new ignition and carb, new plastic and I think,,, made in Japan maybe? Definitely designed in Japan.
When was the last time that was stamped on a tunnel. Are they warming up-tuning-up a production line? Need to fill some 1/2 empty ATV containers?
They could of re-named a Bearcat if dealers wanted something like this.

Exciting but still maybe next year,,, for me.

Premium Features