• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 M7 153" Turbo clutching

A
Nov 26, 2007
St.Maries,ID
Take this for what it's worth but this is what I'm going to try. I have a cutler gold primary spring with cutler adjustables set about 78 gram weights in the primary.I have the culter secondary conversion with red/white spring and running a straight 44 helix. I don't know how good a setup it is yet but from what i hear it should work pretty good.
Alex

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Take this for what it's worth but this is what I'm going to try. I have a cutler gold primary spring with cutler adjustables set about 78 gram weights in the primary.I have the culter secondary conversion with red/white spring and running a straight 44 helix. I don't know how good a setup it is yet but from what i hear it should work pretty good.
Alex

That sounds close to what Dale has me running on an M8, you might want to try something like a 38/44 or 38/46 and a cutlers orange and white secondary spring. The Cutlers setup is a little pricey though.

A
Nov 26, 2007
St.Maries,ID
do you know what the specs are on the orange/white spring or how it is different from the red/white. When I called and talked to Dale he said the red/white would be the ticket. I was thinking the same think, for the m7, he might want to run a 36/44. I liked the take off I had with the 44/40 i ran on my sled before i put the turbo on.

J
Nov 26, 2007
I was gonna try something in the neighborhood of a 120-340 primary spring (polaris Green/Black) w/some 77 gram weights or I do have a set of 70-80gram cutler weights I could use. I use the stock 10.4 secondary and was thinking of using a 38/42 helix w/orange secondary spring wound up with 1/2 preload.

all my helix's I have are for N/A applications 36, 44/40, 42/36 progressive, 46/40, few others I can't remember. Think a 38/42 progressive cut would be the ticket for an all around good helix? BDX I assume would cut one?

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
do you know what the specs are on the orange/white spring or how it is different from the red/white. When I called and talked to Dale he said the red/white would be the ticket. I was thinking the same think, for the m7, he might want to run a 36/44. I liked the take off I had with the 44/40 i ran on my sled before i put the turbo on.

I'm not sure what the rate on the Orange/White is, I need to call Dale tomorrow anyway so I'll ask him. I was told it's a new spring for this year designed to be run with their new 2nd generation secondary kit. If you haven't bought a Red/White, I have one you can try if you want so you don't have to buy one.

I was gonna try something in the neighborhood of a 120-340 primary spring (polaris Green/Black) w/some 77 gram weights or I do have a set of 70-80gram cutler weights I could use. I use the stock 10.4 secondary and was thinking of using a 38/42 helix w/orange secondary spring wound up with 1/2 preload.

all my helix's I have are for N/A applications 36, 44/40, 42/36 progressive, 46/40, few others I can't remember. Think a 38/42 progressive cut would be the ticket for an all around good helix? BDX I assume would cut one?

BDX can get you one and they are pretty cheap, if you stay with the compression setup it's a lot cheaper. I think most guys are running the Cat orange secondary spring with the compression helix. I would put the adjustable weights in if you have them, you could play with the weight and try to tip or heal load the weight.

Premium Features