• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber axys turbo oil supply line size

hanson summit

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2011
Farm in SD
Anybody know the size of the hose?
Going to change mine to a braided line because its just too hot there for that hose. Gets hot and shifts to the side or melts off

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Anybody know the size of the hose?
Going to change mine to a braided line because its just too hot there for that hose. Gets hot and shifts to the side or melts off

You could wrap it in heat tape, zip tie the nipple and zip tie to keep it away/off anything hot. That's what we have all done with great success...

hanson summit

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2011
Farm in SD
Ive done all that. Have it wrapped in heat tape right now without a zip tie or clamp on the fitting. Lasted the longest this way but still not great. If the fitting was higher off the turbo it would probably be okay but theres too much heat there. Im changing it for peace of mind. Love the damn kit besides that. Sucker absolutely rips

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
The only place it gets hot is on the fitting itself. New-better line will take care of the problem completely

Don't disagree that going braided isn't a bad idea for peace of mind.

Just use some digital calipers to measure the nipple and ID of the line - that ought to be all you need no?

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
hanson great idea

why don't you build up a few braided kits
that's what i was gonna do and see if any folks wanted one
(just too busy :face-icon-small-dis)
seems like a 8-12'' section of braided would be perfect
maybe even a threaded fitting on the turbo end and then a barb for the oil pump side

Premium Features