• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DiscoDans mid-season engine build

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
900clipp.jpg

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Well, I had problems this trip again, my primary clutch bolt broke right at the start of the threads. I can blame myself for not replacing the bolt last time it was out, it must have been stressed or cracked. Nobody at camp had a bolt for me so I spent day 2 hanging out at camp.
It's a clean break, and it looks like the piece should come out fairly easy, but there's no new snow coming and very warm, not much season left here. This might become part of my summer maintenance:face-icon-small-sad
Note to self: new clutch bolt every time it comes out

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
damn man...not much good luck there man...sorry to hear..

you dont have to replace the clutch bolt every time its off...at a minimum i would 1x a year 9each season) or if you removed your clutch more then 4/5x max...

sorry again man.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Thanks guys, I know it's not the end of the world.
This bolt has been off and re torqued three times in it's 4 year life, but I figure since the torque spec is way up from original, it's almost a "torque to yield" situation.
It's close to time to divert funding from sledding to dirt biking anyhow.:face-icon-small-dis

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
That sucks, Dan. I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I did intend to throw the bolt off mine in with the clutch you bought. It was new when that clutch was installed on my sled and now it's sitting in a box of extra parts. Good luck with the repair.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
lol, no worries Ken, it's just been one of those seasons for me. If our weather keeps up, I'll be in the brule sand on my mx bike soon!:face-icon-small-dis

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I agree on the weather. This winter, I've put more miles on the 850XP than I have on the 900. The 850 is actually a blast to ride on packed and icy trails with close to 500 carbide studs in the tires.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I thought I was the only one thinking about diverting my sled money pit into my summer sports. I need new rubber on my streetbike.:face-icon-small-dis

Haha, it's certainly almost that time! My dirt bike only needs a few things, I could ride and maintain my cr250 for 3 or 4 seasons with what I spent on my 900 this year!
We'll see, if we get some snow I'll be more motivated to fix the sled:ranger:

S
Nov 26, 2007
Crazy Mountains
Thanks guys, I know it's not the end of the world.
This bolt has been off and re torqued three times in it's 4 year life, but I figure since the torque spec is way up from original, it's almost a "torque to yield" situation.
It's close to time to divert funding from sledding to dirt biking anyhow.:face-icon-small-dis

I know what your feeling! Got my motor all rebuilt on saturday, went to slam it in on sunday, only to find the oil pump non-functioning and front motor mount crossmember with a huge crack right down the middle of it. This thing is breaking me! Looking really hard and seriously at the new Pro-RMK!

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I know what your feeling! Got my motor all rebuilt on saturday, went to slam it in on sunday, only to find the oil pump non-functioning and front motor mount crossmember with a huge crack right down the middle of it. This thing is breaking me! Looking really hard and seriously at the new Pro-RMK!

me too but i am keeping my 975 think i will buy a 600 if it comes in that.

O

otterpoo

Jan 17, 2010
Far East, Maine
Haha, it's certainly almost that time! My dirt bike only needs a few things, I could ride and maintain my cr250 for 3 or 4 seasons with what I spent on my 900 this year!
We'll see, if we get some snow I'll be more motivated to fix the sled:ranger:
Been spending the last of the winter doing what your smiley is doing. Last 2 winters here were amazing snow conditions(for Maine), and this one has gone to hell. At least there was the first month with deep and fresh regularly. Looks like it is time for the:fish2: season.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
me too but i am keeping my 975 think i will buy a 600 if it comes in that.

My 9 isn't going anywhere, I want / need to keep it running for another season or two, after that it will become a backup.
As for what I will buy..... hard to say, but I know I want a big block so the only game is the M1 right now. If Poo doesn't step up, that's probably what I'll get.
*ducking for cover* lol

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
My 9 isn't going anywhere, I want / need to keep it running for another season or two, after that it will become a backup.
As for what I will buy..... hard to say, but I know I want a big block so the only game is the M1 right now. If Poo doesn't step up, that's probably what I'll get.
*ducking for cover* lol

Good idea!

`:brick:

j/k:p

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Of course if Poo delivers a big block or someone makes a '900 bolt in kit' for the pro rmk I will have to reconsider lol..... *cough cough* POLZINHUNTER

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Of course if Poo delivers a big block or someone makes a '900 bolt in kit' for the pro rmk I will have to reconsider lol..... *cough cough* POLZINHUNTER

HAha Maybe IF IF IF that chasiss holds up ! Personally The new PRO scares the chit out of me the last big chasis/motor mount /motor change was the 05 900s !YIKES!! Believe I will wait and see ! But I do think a 900 in a raw or pro chasiss would be cool .

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I finally unpacked my bag from last weekend, here's a few pics from the area that my sled keeps breaking down in lol. The pics hardly do it justice, the Kakwa is a spectacular surrounding to be in... it's just very remote compared to anywhere else I go. I get a very real sense of being in the middle of nowhere when I'm in there.
PICT0215.jpg

PICT0216.jpg

PICT0217.jpg

PICT0219.jpg

PICT0220.jpg

PICT0221.jpg

PICT0222.jpg

PICT0223.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features