• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SSI pipe mod?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Its not near 8400 I run im at 8500 rpm In deep long pulls.... iv seen 8700 8800 rpm on hard pack but hp Is long in that rpm. And yes the pvc and dynotech map fix the lean spots and timing.. I have one coming, in the mean time I was using eth mod, but still det, so I added a resistor and it's good tell I get the pvc.

Did you try running in non ethanol mode with the resistor? Just curious if that is possible.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Nope my plugs are just perfect how I'm running it.. also with the pvc and dynotech map you keep it in eth mode.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Nope my plugs are just perfect how I'm running it.. also with the pvc and dynotech map you keep it in eth mode.

So I have learned. Interesting but I guess the PCV is writing over the stock map anyway so it doesn't make much difference. I am nervous about the whole thing but I hope it works well on Saturday. I am still waiting on weights but I may be able to borrow some for the weekend if they don't show up.

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
It's weird there's such variance in sleds I have a bmp pipe and run in non ethanol at 1000 feet and have never det on my rmk or my axys pro s but ordered a bully dog controller today to see how that feels

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
resistor

Its not near 8400 I run im at 8500 rpm In deep long pulls.... iv seen 8700 8800 rpm on hard pack but hp Is long in that rpm. And yes the pvc and dynotech map fix the lean spots and timing.. I have one coming, in the mean time I was using eth mod, but still det, so I added a resistor and it's good tell I get the pvc.

Who's resistor are you running?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Just an slp one my friend had. His pipe cracked so he don't need it for a bit.. I'm going to buy a couple off loundhand if can find the parts incase the pvc has problems down the road. And one for my buddy.

Last edited:
J
Feb 25, 2015
MAINE
OK guys. I picked up two SSI Pipe Mod's and I'm currently running them with the stock can until I'm positive that things are running as they should. Both set ups I've added the Dynotech PCV with their mapping.

One went on my trail sled. "PRO-S 800" Other on my "SKS" The Pro-S was completely been broken in before Installing the Modded Pipe and PCV while the SKS had zero miles on it.

The "Pro-S" I put 150 miles on in 20-35 degree temps. 1st trial was a good day. Ran Strong and had good positive ratings at the end of the 1st day. I'm never sold on one successful run. Can't wait to run her again.

The "SKS" I rode in Zero Degree weather with highs for the day barely getting out of the single digits. I put on 150 miles and she went into DET mode on 4 different occasions. 3 registered as PTO DET and 1 was MAG DET. Seems as though all 4 DET were around the 7000 rpm area. Never failed when pulling high end rpms. ??

Both sleds are on 91 octane eth gas and run in eth mode.

On a different note... Had a buddy with me on a BONE STOCK SKS that pulled one DET that day too.

Any thoughts??

iquizy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
NWMN
OK guys. I picked up two SSI Pipe Mod's and I'm currently running them with the stock can until I'm positive that things are running as they should. Both set ups I've added the Dynotech PCV with their mapping.

One went on my trail sled. "PRO-S 800" Other on my "SKS" The Pro-S was completely been broken in before Installing the Modded Pipe and PCV while the SKS had zero miles on it.

The "Pro-S" I put 150 miles on in 20-35 degree temps. 1st trial was a good day. Ran Strong and had good positive ratings at the end of the 1st day. I'm never sold on one successful run. Can't wait to run her again.

The "SKS" I rode in Zero Degree weather with highs for the day barely getting out of the single digits. I put on 150 miles and she went into DET mode on 4 different occasions. 3 registered as PTO DET and 1 was MAG DET. Seems as though all 4 DET were around the 7000 rpm area. Never failed when pulling high end rpms. ??

Both sleds are on 91 octane eth gas and run in eth mode.

On a different note... Had a buddy with me on a BONE STOCK SKS that pulled one DET that day too.

Any thoughts??

Bad gas?

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I thought I read somewhere that adding oil to the fuel actually leans out the fuel mixture..... if that is the case and your SKS being in break in mode perhaps it's just too lean with the added oil. I am no expert in this by any means!

I ran the pipe mod today with a SLP resistor and it did not DET. Almost identical conditions to the other day that it did DET without the resistor. Pulls pretty hard, no fresh to try it out in right now though.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
No thoughts on why. I ran my ssi pipe mod with pcv/ignition module today from 5,000' to 7,500. I ran it in ethanol mode and I never had a detonation light come on. It pulled hard up to 8450 and ran well. I clutched with 66 gram belly busters and a Carl's helix running in the 42 degree ramp. I am pretty happy with it so far. It definitely runs stronger than it did before. I am running the pipe into a Diamond S Titanium Quiet muffler. All in all, it was a good day. Snow wasn't great but no control over that. I am happy with the ssi pipe and pcv so far. I believe I could have run it in non ethanol mode too. I may try that next time.

dragonfire

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Fargo,N.D.
No thoughts on why. I ran my ssi pipe mod with pcv/ignition module today from 5,000' to 7,500. I ran it in ethanol mode and I never had a detonation light come on. It pulled hard up to 8450 and ran well. I clutched with 66 gram belly busters and a Carl's helix running in the 42 degree ramp. I am pretty happy with it so far. It definitely runs stronger than it did before. I am running the pipe into a Diamond S Titanium Quiet muffler. All in all, it was a good day. Snow wasn't great but no control over that. I am happy with the ssi pipe and pcv so far. I believe I could have run it in non ethanol mode too. I may try that next time.
Glad to hear that it ran good.

Premium Features