• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 600 bog issue

H
Nov 27, 2007
so i have an 01 600 bored out with the 670 in her. i've had it about 8 years with no major issues really what so ever. riding saturday she ran great till about half way through the day. all a sudden it cut out on me like the tether came loose (happens from time to time). so i wiggle it, nothing. starts fine idles fine but soon as i give her the go, nothing but bog out. hmmm. so i throw some (extra not new) plugs in it. and braaap were off. bout 5 miles into riding same thing. this time switching plugs doesn't help so a buddy shows up with brand new ones. fires right up like normal and away she goes. 1-2 miles down the road bogging again. idles fine, starts fine. soon as i hit the gas bog.

at first i thought maybe the tether was bad but even used a buddies and got the same results. so now what? clogged up carb? fuel line? looking for any and all insight!

thanks!

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
take a look at the lines that go attach into the upper sides of the carbs, likely one of thos have come off, i had a 670 that did the same exact thing and when we finally found the fix it was one of those lines had slipped off. have had it happen two weeks ago to a older polaris, just all of a sudden went really sick and no rpm's. Hope it helps!!! Good luck!!!

Are the plugs fouling out. If so it could be that the jets need cleaned in the carbs. If the sled has sat for a while, like all summer without stabil in the gas I would say that the secondary jets which give you the higher rpm are gummed up. Easy fix, take the secondary jets out and blow them out with an air gun. While you are there might as well take out the primaries and do the same thing. If that is the problem, she will run like bran newy. Hope this helps.

Premium Features