• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help... Narrowing '17 RMK ASSLT

G
Mar 7, 2014
Im "trying" to narrow my ''17 ASSAULT RMK... not having much luck...

I can't seem to find a "bolt-on kit" from any company besides Trenchers... and they are weeks away from unveiling their re-design..

Curious as to what others are running for AM front ends on their Axys assaults...

I did buy a set of Pro a arms and tie rods. Without researching the swap. Some say shocks need cutting... and Pro spindles needed... idk? I do know they don't come close to bolting on... I'd prefer not to cut/shim my shocks ($200 Can) and I'd prefer not buy spindles ($250 Can) ... as I'll b keeping my stock 42 arms as back-up...

Any help with the Pro front end would b great.. I would still consider running it.. depending what needs to b done to complete the swap....

I've searched this topic many times. .. seems like all I find are posts about Pro-ride chassis swaps... not axys...

Thnx Gian.

E
Aug 29, 2016
Buena Vista, CO
I narrowed my 17 assault with a 36” alternative impact a arm kit- you need pro rmk spindles and shocks need to be shortened or buy some factory pro takeoffs and have Carl’s cycle revalve em- highly recommend that setup. You can snap rod ends and swap out for new ones out in the hills

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
How narrow you trying to go? I've got full stock front end for sale from a 2018.

You might be able to get away with the 40" without messing with shocks. Any narrower I'm sure you need to shorten them.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I have a 16 axys assault and got a set if narrowed spindles from ZRP 1 in narrower each side so 2 in in total and if I am remembering right they offered a 2in narrower set so that would be 4in total. I think it was 365$ with shipping to north pole Alaska. I went with the billet aluminum set but for a few extra bucks you could get a few different powder coted color options. I found this to be the cheapest easiest way to get the job dun and you get to keep the stronger A-arms of the assault with no shock work.

W
Jan 29, 2010
NH
Mountain Side Products Offset spindes

I would suggest Mountain side Products spindles . they will narrow your sled 2" and they have the best warranty going.. 1 year free replacement if you bend or break them. they have the lowest price also. ask around and check out our web site. WWW.mtnsideproducts.com great customer service also ;-)

Premium Features