• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best tether to put on Pro

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Hi guys I am wondering what the best working/easiest to install tethers are to put on?

Have to put one on after an incident that happened last weekend.

Any suggestions on which to go with would be awesome.

Thanks!

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
The Polaris tether plugs right in to your wiring harness, super easy install. We have put them on every poo we have owned.

dyrengd

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
Pro Armor plug and play tether hands down! Plug into harness, tighten clamp around handlebar. Done! 5 minute install. I'm not kidding either!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I will not use the pro-armor, for the simple fact that it is built by illegal aliens, and due to that they have had quality control issues and the owner of the company refuses to rectify either one. You can run whatever you want, I spend my money elsewhere based on my principles.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I have had both, the Pro Armor and the Polaris tether and prefer the Polaris one. The main reason is that the Pro Armor is less likely to pull off in every direction like the Polaris one. I went over the bars once with a Pro Armor and instead of releasing, the cord ripped in 2, not killing the sled like it should have. Since then, Polaris tethers are all I run.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Poo tether is easy, works from any angle, and can be easily foolproofed, and disconnected in the field if there are problems. Screw under the cap as required (avoid the big backing washer and it usually isn't necessary). Lube the cap alittle. Done.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I will not use the pro-armor, for the simple fact that it is built by illegal aliens, and due to that they have had quality control issues and the owner of the company refuses to rectify either one. You can run whatever you want, I spend my money elsewhere based on my principles.

Can comfirm the QC issues, the O-ring in mine was jammed in and not in the slot when I recieved it so it stuck the tether open full time, and their customer service sucked.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The Phantom Teth-Air is faster than the cord on start up as it will shut down the motor before the clutch engages. It has a roll over switch too. Both the Proximity sensor, and the Roll-Over sensors have a time delay that is user set and the tachometer arming point is also user set, all by the included infrared remote control.

The Phantom can be ordered with the Polaris OEM plugs and fits really nice on the Polaris throttle block.

Attachments

• Polaris Phantom Install.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 109

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Had a pro armour, really liked it until it broke out of nowhere. Probably go polaris now.

63ccdadb75077d6596995246fc91ee1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Pro-Armour on sled now, but will replace with Polaris. Had several issues with it not killing the engine, and that scares me!

I had my sled roll on its back and stick the throttle in the snow while I was starting to roll it back.. WFO until overrev protection kicked in. Not fun, track spun right in front of my face.

Bought pro armour, but it has failed several times. Seems like it freezes up.

Poo tether is cheap and has been used for decades. If your cap is wrecked, buy a new one.

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
I ran Pro Armor for years when I used to race atv mx and it never failed. I have since had one on my pro for two years and now run on on my axys. Haven't had any problems personally with Pro Armor.

dyrengd

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
I personally have had great luck with the OFT Racing plug and play pro armor tether. If the tether fails, replace it. I've had tethers go south i.e... Trees branches, kicking it (don't make me explain) and all different brands. Things happen, check to make sure they work often, if they fail, replace, simple as that.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Pro-Armour on sled now, but will replace with Polaris. Had several issues with it not killing the engine, and that scares me!

Ya same deal...I've had a couple different brands of that style and will not be doing another one. The odd time you pull the cord and it doesn't shut down, one just stopped working altogether, and as said if you fly off at a certain angle sometimes the clip can just break and can wrench your wrist pretty good.

Next one will be a Polaris or might try a pingle.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I have a pro armor and it only worked for part of the season. Now if you pull the clip sled keeps running ! Not acceptable!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Polaris tether since 2014. Never failed me. Leave the thick washer off when you install and no need to add the screw in the center.

Also put a little silicone grease on the cap lip and it comes off and goes back on MUCH easier.

Premium Features