• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PR2 SnowBike ECU's

P
Jan 23, 2017
Pennsylvania
The season is just around the corner. Get your Snowbiking ECU early before back-orders slow your needs. Our ECU has 10 programmed settings which includes 8 Snowbike and 2 Dirt Bike maps for your convenience. We also have a truly simple TPS zeroing feature which requires no tools or connections to carry out. A new feature also allows ignition timing trim changes based on coolant temperatures. This will keep your bike operating perfectly in all conditions.

We have been testing and re-testing our great settings. 2017 and 2018 model testing going very well. The latest ECU for the 2017 Husky 501 and the KTM500 are fantastic. I think our ECU makes this bike a top choice for Snowbiking.

Honda Guys: The PR2 ECU for the 2017 and 2018 CRF450R is fantastic choice for Snowbiking. The power is amazing on this new model.

If its a fuel injected bike, we probably have an ECU for your needs.

Jeff
pr2racing.com
jeff@pr2racing.com
717-786-8321

S
Feb 20, 2017
Do you have a nitrous option with your ecu? I am running a 2017 fe450. I want to do the ecu before winter, but am on the fence with getting nitrous also. How much is your ecu? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
When I spoke with you last year, the ECU for the YZ 450 FX was not quite ready. If I remember correctly it had to be disconnected from the battery after every ride. You get the bugs worked out yet?

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
Same question

I am waiting to hear on availability for the Yamaha X bikes also....thanks.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I emailed Jeff today. He told me the only option for the fx was to use the yzf450 PR2 with a "fuel pump disconnect". Anyone have a good option for this? Seems like disconnecting the battery every time would be a pain but maybe there's a good inline switch that would do the job?

R

RaceDeck

Apr 14, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have the PR2 on my 2017 Husky 501 and been running all summer, great power. Looking forward to what it does this winter.

The season is just around the corner. Get your Snowbiking ECU early before back-orders slow your needs. Our ECU has 10 programmed settings which includes 8 Snowbike and 2 Dirt Bike maps for your convenience. We also have a truly simple TPS zeroing feature which requires no tools or connections to carry out. A new feature also allows ignition timing trim changes based on coolant temperatures. This will keep your bike operating perfectly in all conditions.

We have been testing and re-testing our great settings. 2017 and 2018 model testing going very well. The latest ECU for the 2017 Husky 501 and the KTM500 are fantastic. I think our ECU makes this bike a top choice for Snowbiking.

Honda Guys: The PR2 ECU for the 2017 and 2018 CRF450R is fantastic choice for Snowbiking. The power is amazing on this new model.

If its a fuel injected bike, we probably have an ECU for your needs.

Jeff
pr2racing.com
jeff@pr2racing.com
717-786-8321

P
Jan 23, 2017
Pennsylvania
When I spoke with you last year, the ECU for the YZ 450 FX was not quite ready. If I remember correctly it had to be disconnected from the battery after every ride. You get the bugs worked out yet?

Unfortunately we got word on the 2018 YZF450 requiring a completely new ECU. Our efforts are directed to this ECU for the Yamahas. I will keep all informed as we develop an YZ FX box. Sorry for the delay.

As posted previously, the best option to utilize our current ECU on the Yamaha YZ450FX is for an inline battery disconnect switch to prevent battery discharge.

Jeff

N

NitroHvy

Sep 2, 2017
Hey Jeff,
Thanks for your advice and input on here.
Do you have a PR2 available for the
'18 YZ450F bike? Not FX.
If not, do you have a recommendation for this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

V
Sep 22, 2008
In all reality how much time are on the Test R&D bikes ,and what type of mother nature elements . Examples are like 1. 4 foot powder days with the engine completely submerged in snow with or without a blanket covering 2. -25 degrees out 3. 9500 elevation ,just curious how the Pr 2 compensates .

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
im on the fence. would like to hear from people who have put these little gems on there yz450f. was there a noticeable difference, did it help with fuel in oil? I talked to one guy and he says not needed because the yz450f don't have a over fueling problem and then another says they over fuel the worst.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Yz250fx and ran a million times better... Even not using a jacket... If you are submerged in powder a lot it is mandatory... Also high altitude... That was my experience

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

P
Jan 23, 2017
Pennsylvania
Seems too be many Nitrous questions....so here we go. I am experimenting with a couple folks to build some special maps to accommodate Nitrous. We will be making some substantial adjustments with ignition timing, fuel volume and most importantly fuel injection timing.

I will try to keep everyone informed on progress as the season gets underway.

Jeff
PR2 Racing
717-786-8321
pr2racing.com

W
Aug 24, 2017
Unfortunately we got word on the 2018 YZF450 requiring a completely new ECU. Our efforts are directed to this ECU for the Yamahas. I will keep all informed as we develop an YZ FX box. Sorry for the delay.

As posted previously, the best option to utilize our current ECU on the Yamaha YZ450FX is for an inline battery disconnect switch to prevent battery discharge.

Jeff

I am considering this for my 2016 YZ450FX. Has anyone considered a slightly more elegant solution for the battery disconnect like the old bikes had for an ignition switch? I am confident that a relay could be controlled by one of the old ignition buttons like I had on my 2003 WR250F...

Also, the YZ450FX has a switched power that turns off about 60 seconds after the bike shuts down, I assume this is controlled by the ECU? Hopefully not as it could be used to control a latched relay with a momentary switch to turn the bike back on.

Perhaps it all isn't worth it and simple disconnect would do the job...:face-icon-small-con

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Yz450fx disconnect

I have a disable switch installed on my fx. Initially, I considered a disconnect switch for the battery. But, I found nothing small enough. After studying the wiring diagram I put an inline switch in the red wire to the main relay. When the switch is off (open) there is no power supplied to any part of the system, the battery is disconnected. No power for fuel pump, ecu, and of course no electric start or ability to start with kick. It is a tricky splice because the wire is short and wrapped in the harness.

Premium Features