• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tether install m8000 ltd 2016

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
If it were me I would get pro armor tether and just piggyback it into the kill switch at the bars. My complete installation was done in 30 minutes.

Besides cost or ease factor I think the pro armor style tether is just way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Hello

I have installed the original cat tether on my older -13 m800 but I have read that its not the same on the 2016.

On my old m800 I followed this guide on snowest http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323558

I have read somewhere that u have to remove gastank on 2016 to get to the harness, how do I remove tank?

Thanks

That looks like a pain.

They don't come with just a plug and play harness like the m-series ones?

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
If it were me I would get pro armor tether and just piggyback it into the kill switch at the bars. My complete installation was done in 30 minutes.

Besides cost or ease factor I think the pro armor style tether is just way better

Do this the cat tether sucks ! And the install is a pain too I messed up a pin on mine and soldered the tether in anyway

J

Jooohan87

Aug 28, 2011
Is there any guide how to install the pro armor on the proclimb? Any pictures?

Thanks

rpmboy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2009
Mn
i did my 15 and 16 with the cat tether,follow there instructions and its no big deal,they have all worked perfect for years no trouble at all

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Is there any guide how to install the pro armor on the proclimb? Any pictures?

Thanks

b407e1772019a033dbdd3d005b8cc398.jpg

Sorry kind of a crude picture but I just pulled the wires out of the wire loom and cut back a little insulation and soldered the wires from the tether to the two wires in the picture.

As far as mounting goes there is no room on the bars themselves but on the 16s with the fixed post the pro armor tether is the same size without the inserts. It is just a hair to big though so don't tighten all the way. I broke the first one I mounted from over tightening. I'll get you a pic tomorrow of where I mounted mine. The only thing is you have to face the tether the opposite way of where it will attach to your clothes. I found with it going the same way it would wrap around my handgrip every once in a while. Won't do it when the tether mounts opposite of where you attach it to you.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Hello

I have installed the original cat tether on my older -13 m800 but I have read that its not the same on the 2016.

On my old m800 I followed this guide on snowest http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323558

I have read somewhere that u have to remove gastank on 2016 to get to the harness, how do I remove tank?

Thanks

I just put in a cat one on my 2016. You don't need to remove the gas tank. That plug just sits a little higher up so you have to feed the cable from the harness down a little from the top to work with it. Not that big of a deal.

Just pay really close attention to that link where he describes pulling out the white front of the plugs before inserting the wires. I just wasted about an hour not knowing to do that.

S
Mar 10, 2014
Colorado Springs
this company makes a plug and play pro armour tether....
check it out

http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore15/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=169

Win. My tether just sh*t the bed this weekend. It was acting hinky the first day of riding. The next day it wouldn't fire. Unplugged it and it fired right up. Using the tether on a sled is like wearing a seatbelt in a car for me. I almost feel naked and wrong without it.

*Edit... never mind. The price is ridiculous. A ProArmor is $32. How does adding an OEM connector make it worth $90?
These guys can f*ck right off.

Last edited:

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
*Edit... never mind. The price is ridiculous. A ProArmor is $32. How does adding an OEM connector make it worth $90?
These guys can f*ck right off.

Lol. Yup. Mine looks just like the one a few posts up. Works great other than going up and over the bars. Did that and cracked the plastic piece. I had thought ahead and bought a couple boat kill switches off of eBay. Used one of those for the rest of the trip. Flawless.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Lol. Yup. Mine looks just like the one a few posts up. Works great other than going up and over the bars. Did that and cracked the plastic piece. I had thought ahead and bought a couple boat kill switches off of eBay. Used one of those for the rest of the trip. Flawless.

Yeah I've heard of that happening so I keep an extra with me but in five years of using the pro armor I've never broken one and unfortunately I've been over the bars a time or two

Premium Features