• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'09 plastics - is it just for the looks?

J

J.Jensen

Feb 15, 2010
Northern Norway
Is 09 front end just for the looks or does it make a difference on the way it floats in powder?

Its probably been debated before, but I'm not an expert searcher :face-icon-small-blu

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
It's supposed to go through the deep snow better but who knows. It's an obvious visual upgrade, plus comes with a real bumper which is a plus.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I've had a D7 with old plastic and a D8 with new plastic. They don't go through the snow any different. But the new stuff looks thinner where the old stuff looks pregnant in comparision. Plus, the new stuff has the new style sway bar.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
it shaves about 3-4lbs off with the new plastic...real bumper...and looks GREAT...i cant belive how ugly the old plastic looks when the sled is next to one...WOW..

plus the 09 sway bar is the HIZZY...love it on my 900..

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Dan and Guido, you've both got to try and get your 9's to look and work as well as mine (j/k, wink, wink !!!!!!). By the way, Dan, you missed an EPIC day of riding in the Salmon Lake area of Blue River last Friday. No lieing (sp), we had waist deep powder all day. It was unf-ckinging believable !!!! The only sled my 9 bowed down to all day was my buddy's M8 Turbo (Glassman on this site) and all I can say after riding that sled for 1/2 hour, is I NEED BOOST !!!!!!!!!!

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Glad to hear you had a good Ride Ken!
My priorities have shifted to the sunny side... I should be in your neighborhood very soon, tearing up the Brule Lake sand on my CR250
Wouldn't it be a perfect world if we all had boost? I have to settle for my boosted Toyota Supra for now :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features