• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 Limiteds had Chromolly suspension?

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
A buddy of mine said his M7 LE was lighter weight than the other M7's because that specific year the LE came with chromolly suspension. (I don't know what year) Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you for any help.

Brook

E
Nov 26, 2007
A buddy of mine said his M7 LE was lighter weight than the other M7's because that specific year the LE came with chromolly suspension. (I don't know what year) Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you for any help.

Brook
negative, titanium springs all around, and floats in the front

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Half correct! The LEs are lighter but not because of chromolly. The LE has Fox Float air shox in front to save weight plus the torsion spring in the rear suspension, the springs in both the drive and the driven clutches and the rear suspension shock springs are titanium to save some weight. There may be some other weight savings or I may have gotten this slightly wrong but those are the ones that come to my mind.
VDO

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
You guys 100% sure that they didn't do chromo just one year, or is this guys dealer full of poo? It sure would be cool if they did, then some of us could retrofit the lighter parts on our sleds.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
all M7 a arms are the same, just lighter springs/shocks as all ready said. but the LE sleds are lighter than standard M sleds, go to cats site, they list past years sleds, see if they have specs

Last edited:
Premium Features