• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have carfax?

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Or any other VIN research sites? I need to run the VIN on a bike I just picked up - no title so I need to find out some history on it. DMV is my next stop to find out who the last registered owner was in order to get the ball rolling so I can fix it and re-sell at a profit:face-icon-small-ton

VIN is JH2RD0608RM101111

Thanks!

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
No luck with the DMV, they will not release any information to find the owner and also would not let me put a lien against the bike for storage or mechanical services since I am not a "mechanic". However, I did just look at the hawaii state law and it doesn't say a mechanic, or business...it specificially states "A person who makes, alters, or repairs any article of personal property...." So I'm going to print that out and take it down to see if they'll let me put a lien against it.

I did find out that the VIN hasn't been reported as stolen or totalled so I'm happy about that.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
car fax will not help unless a report was made around here the sheriffs dept will do a title search but you already have most of the info ,if they wont give you his name apply for a lost title..

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
Or any other VIN research sites? I need to run the VIN on a bike I just picked up - no title so I need to find out some history on it. DMV is my next stop to find out who the last registered owner was in order to get the ball rolling so I can fix it and re-sell at a profit:face-icon-small-ton

VIN is JH2RD0608RM101111

Thanks!

THATS THE BIKE I HAD STOLEN:faint: SO NO PROFIT FOR U!!!!! I WANT MY BIKE BACK....
LOL

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
you'll have to swim over here and take it!!!

I'm looking at opening a sole proprietor motorcycle repair business OR a motorcycle specific towing company. I may end up making a little $ on the side since small engine repair is a hobby of mine, AND I can get a title to this bike with either direction.

With some luck I'll be able to double or triple my money on this little project.

Premium Features