• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000, how do I check if the injectors are working

J
Aug 31, 2011
I have a no start M1000 after a trip, during the trip the sled stumbled and died just off idle from a stop and wouldnt start. After many pulls of the rope the sled slowly came back to life. unloaded from the trailer after driving it on and now wont start... I was thinking water, but after a flush and new plugs no fire..will fire with ether. How do you test light the injector plugs to rule out stator?? how do you test the stator? cant get the Phillips screws holding the injector rail broke loose to pull the injectors with out carnage...

J
Aug 31, 2011
finally got my boy around to pull the rope...I stuck my fingers over the holes and had gas drippping....My problem is to much gas....where do I look now? Smart valves? How do I reverse the pump with a 9v?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Still could be bad fuel. But start by pulling the plugs and with the key off, pull it over a bunch of times, if fuel shoots out you will know a injector is stuck or bad. Try tapping on it.

J
Aug 31, 2011
I found that I can get it to pop if I spray the plug holes with either and replace plugs or dry out the cylinders with compressed air. I can get a white fog/mist that I can assume it is gas shooting out of the plugs when I give it a pull. There is only so many times you can pull on this SOB in a day...

J
Aug 31, 2011
getting all kinds of spark and WAY too much gas.. What controls the injectors dumping so much gas? I already un plugged the water temp...Whats next

J
Aug 31, 2011
Yellow plug the temp? tested good for cold.. so did the pipe sensor...Getting too much fuel.. The injectors where jumped 5x with a 9v, nice clicky sound. Compression 125 both sides...tapped the injectors, pulled with plugs out and switch on many times to flush any possible h2o from the rail...blow out the excess gas in the cylinders and will get it to pop. then everything is all wet again....

Last edited:
D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Maybe your pressure reguator stuck and you have too much fuel pressure. If you disconect the wires from your injectors does it still load up?

J
Aug 31, 2011
Iwill have a go at it again tonight.I have a few new ideas, I will check the FPR and TSS. Man my arms/ shoulders are hurting..Should of bought a M7 :face-icon-small-con

J
Aug 31, 2011
Got it. heated the front plugs and pinched off the fuel line. held wide open and pulled it 10x and she came to life....Now how do I keep it from doing it again out on the trail?

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
You first need to know what was causing the problem before you can be prepared so it won't do it again. Just sayin. :face-icon-small-ton

J
Aug 31, 2011
just a speedwerx can. I plan on going back to the factory suit case. I feel that the RPMs were dropping to low when it fell on its face during the last ride and had old plugs and that I had to give it a slight throttle to start. So I am thinking of turning up the idle screw so it hoovers around 1900k and take out the slack of the bliper..Whats the common rule on how tight a throttle cable should be ?

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
I agree with WYO, one thing at a time.
Your flipper should have about 2 credit card thickness of freeplay. There's two little nubs that contract the throttle block- one of top, one on the bottom... measure it there.

To test your TSS, run the sled up on a stand. Get the track to spin normally. braap braaap. Bring the track to a stop. Hold the flipper in a way that it won't activate the tss switch and give it some gas. The sled should bog down and/or die.

Premium Features