• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM vs XP

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
im an ac guy ,, so apologies for my newbieness

i heard the XP and XM share the same bulkhead.

is the XM really any better than the xp ,, besides some doodads like track and differnt plastics?

and if so what makes the XM so much better ,, and would a modded ETEC XP be just as good or better than a XM ,,
thanks

M
Apr 2, 2013
I went from an XP to an XM and they feel like two completely different sleds! Getting more forward on the sled made a big difference. Besides that ,there is a whole list of changes to the chassis and I think they all contribute to the different feel. I would never go back to an XP after owning an XM. Just my two cents!

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah

is the XM really any better than the xp ,, besides some doodads like track and differnt plastics?

and if so what makes the XM so much better ,, and would a modded ETEC XP be just as good or better than a XM ,,
thanks

Welcome to snowest! i assume you're new because this topic has been covered 10987 times. If you look through the XM threads, you will find TONS of info and opinions regarding xp vs xm. and again, welcome to the forum!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

thanks

with a decent bit of $$ you can make an XP into an XM.

post forward, t motion, flex edge, plastics... all are doable, but the cost would make any XP worth buying more than an XM I'd think. (there may be others I'm not thinking of, but those are the big ones)

The difference is HUGE. I love my XM, and can't even ride one of those turds they call an XP. I get off my 13 & try to ride a 12... cant do it. It's almost as bad as riding a proclimb :p

Last edited:
M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
Yah. Should have searched..

So the tmotion any good. Or are a lot of people swapping to aftermarket.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'm rather hard on skids, and the Tmo has worked well for me so far. IMO the rear shock is JUNK, but that's from a jumping perspective. The damping is practically nonexistent considering that the rear damper has only that one job! Not the fault of the suspension itself, but something I think needs to be addressed. I think with a new rear shock it's a pretty solid suspension.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
thanks for the responses all

sounds like its a matter of the total package being greater than the sum of all improvements then.

and yah rider ergonomics such as post forward and clean foot wells go a long way.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
oh its a different etec 800 than the xp?

just looked at the video of tmotion .. the geometry looks just like any other OE skid of the last 20 years. sans the 4* angle point ,, 5% of 90* ?

Premium Features