• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 IQ Front Bumper Upgrade!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
Is there any possibility that these can be retrofitted for an 05 900 RMK?
It looks as though the hood hinges completely different but I thought I would ask.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
It looks as though the hood hinges completely different but I thought I would ask.

I'm going to say no but that's not to say you couldn't get creative and retro fit it.

I never spent a lot of time looking at the front bumper mount on the older RMK.

That's an awsome product, nice job

I agree they out did themselves AGAIN!

Will it fit a 900 RMK?

Not thinking so but see above thought about retro fit.

I hope so!!
Don't have time to wait for TCP and still make Boise MOD show with the rebuild!! :D

See above.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID

I'd assume this bolts up to the bulkhead the same way as the TCP bumper does, so in theory it will attacth and stay put, you'll just have to be creative and do some cutting from there.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Well there goes my idea for making some $ this year.:rolleyes: Someone had to do it. Great looking product and a great price!

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Well, If I had got off my but and got to work on it I might have at least had a competing product ready. Oh well, I've been a little busy with the new job, moving, and covering the old job at the same time so I couldn't spend the time to do it anyway.

I guess I might be placing an order if I buy an IQ. Still kicking around what I'm going to ride this year.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Can anyone confirm it fits on a 2005 IQ 900 ???

Or is this bumper so new no one has tried?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Although I don't own a older RMK I understand that the stock bumper is very weak.

The solution.....

Switch any older RMK IQ over to the 09 narrow nose.

All the parts to do that can be ordered from Polaris for about $440 and then you can run the stock 09 bumper OR go with the Skinz bumper.

Just a thought guys.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
need some one to fit on of these to a 08 d8 so i can see how much it would take to do it and do it right??

Sorry, mine isn't installed yet. Skinz has all the parts and is currently working on it. New mesh hood too. :D
First, does the tcp bumper install the same as the 09 polaris bumper? I wouldn't doubt it, but I don't know.
The skinz bumper is a direct bolt on for the 09's. I know you can buy the polaris parts to do the converversion for 07 and 08 models. If you wish to mount it like the TCP without the coversion pieces, I'm sure there will be some cutting involved. As far as 05 and 06. I'm really not sure. Someone would have to verify with a polaris parts dept. that the conversion can be done on these sleds as well. Everything else seems to retrofit, so I would tend to assume that it would. Although, I don't know that for sure.

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
Is there any cutting involved in putting these on compared to a tcp bumper?? And this will bolt right on to an Assault, correct?? Really like it and like the price alot more!!

Premium Features