• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

**NEW Product Announcement -- Dynojet PCV for the ETec 800 XM/XS Chassis!!**

--Here's a Happy Valentines Day present to all the SkiDoo friends!--

After a slight configuration change to the PCV, Dynojet now has a Power Commander V for your XM/XS chassis sleds.
This will be based on the same info found in this thread http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336487

We've seen great potential when adding fuel to this ETec engine to gain power. When wishing to flow more air through the engine via pipes, big bores, porting, etc., you can now deliver the essential fuel to create efficient combustion producing more power. Our testers have shown we can squeeze out every last ounce of fuel possible using the PCV on these Direct Injection Voice-Coil style systems.

Get in touch with us at 1-800-992-4993 or visit us on the web at www.powercommander.com for additional information or to get your order placed!
This part number is 25-017 for reference.

~T.J.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Can much fuel be added at full RPM/throttle at low elevation? I understand the injectors are near max already.
Nice to have the option, it sounds like it wasn't an easy project! Thank you!

Great Questions!

On the ETec, these engines do like to run very lean at part throttles with a stratified charge - and then open up later and flow a much greater amount of fuel into the engine.
Jim Czekala at Dynotech (elevation 892') published his results of PCV tuning months ago showing that we can increase the fuel flow from 91lb/hr to 105 lb/hr. This 15% change in fuel flow began adding HP up to a point, but then was excessively rich, thus decreasing the HP.
Bikeman in Wisconsin delivered results showing that the PCV could increase fuel flow from 90lb/hr to 100lb/hr; or a 10% change.
Things really get interesting when we come up in elevation and the ECU is not pushing these injectors nearly as hard as the low elevation conditions. Utilizing 2 aircraft flowmeters installed in the supply and return line and a logging software here in Belgrade, MT (4500') we found that stock injectors are operating at much lower rates than at sea level - thus leaving more reserve overhead for us to squeeze out! With the PCV, we can open these injectors an additional 30% over the stock amount. The resulting AFR become extremely rich on our bone stock ETec test machine, which would have benefited from porting, head, pipe, or anything to flow more air through the engine taking advantage of the extra available fuel.
With this sled on a chassis dyno, by adding a small amount of fuel (not overly rich) the machine picked up 3.8HP when dropping the AFR from 15.8:1 to 14.1:1. Although it bogged, smoked and sputtered, the lowest AFR I was able to achieve was 10.8:1.

Currently these are just beginning to ship - the first 25 have been built, paid for, and are in the hands of customers. In the next upcoming production run of these ETec PCV's, there should be plenty of unclaimed units to get your name on one!

~T.J.

Last edited:
Following up with everybody on these PCV's for the ETec's --- these are FLYING off the shelves!! Whether it is our dealers and kit builders upping their inventory, or just many individuals out there - we appreciate your interest and for choosing Dynojet Products.
Word must be out that you can really pour the fuel to these engines to pick up plenty of Horsepower.
If you want a big bore, porting, pipe, and a massive intake or any combination of hard parts, the PCV will fuel your needs!
Visit www.powercommander.com for more details, or call 1-800-992-4993 to chat with one of our tech support gurus.

~T.J.

P

pyxle

Jan 27, 2008
Maple Valley, WA
We've already sold and installed several PCV's!

I would love to see some different maps available for the common pipes out there, with some dyno numbers...:face-icon-small-coo

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
We have a few here at the shop going on '14s with SLP pipe/boyesen rage cage combos, I will be dialing them in with a wideband. Once the maps are done and verified working well and safe, I'll post some links so people can download. Still a couple weeks till we are riding though.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have a brand new AutoTune for the PCV and two position switch to move between maps if anyone is interested. See my signature if you are interested.

We've already sold and installed several PCV's!

I would love to see some different maps available for the common pipes out there, with some dyno numbers...:face-icon-small-coo
I would love to see that too!
Our dealers are the lifeblood of creating the maps you wish to see for their specific pipe/can combos (some are very close, some are very different from others depending on pipe harmonics). In-house at Dynojet we aren't developing those specific maps. Hopefully in the near future, a booklet of Dynoruns can be made showing HP improvements. [We know Everyone wants that!]

~T.J.

Premium Features