• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does your Proclimb have a sloppy steering post?

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
I didn't know he had the lower bushing out for sale. I did the upper bushing last year and it helped a lot but I still had to much up and down movement on the shaft. All I did was tighten the nut on the bottom of the shaft and was good to go!!! Thanks for the heads up!

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Might have to give it a try! Any first hand experience with this kit?
Installed the upper and lower bushings this summer. Much tighter feel. Takes way about 75% of the slop.

Make sure to check the rest of the steering connections. Most of my shaft bolts and tie rod connectors were loose. You need to remove the rubber boots to get at them; simply slid the boots over the rivet heads. Check out this thead for details:
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=350284

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I just put these both on my sled this summer and there's a pile less slop. Definitely worth the money

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Does it work with the whuuuuuu?

This kit is for the adjustable post only, but the fixed HCR style bushing is coming soon. Ill let you know when I have them so you can get things tightened up.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Does it work with the whuuuuuu?

This kit is for the adjustable post only, but the fixed HCR style bushing is coming soon. Ill let you know when I have them so you can get things tightened up.

The whuuuuuu.............:face-icon-small-coo

IMG_20131002_205248_006.jpg

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Not bashing here but when will arctic cat pull there head out of there azz and stop making an adjustable steering post. Not only is that POS sloppy but has to weigh a ton!

G

gjp

Oct 29, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Not bashing here but when will arctic cat pull there head out of there azz and stop making an adjustable steering post. Not only is that POS sloppy but has to weigh a ton!
I prefer the adjustable post. With the new bushings it has very little slop. I will gladly give up 1/2 pound for the adjustability. If you don't want the post buy the HCR or the kit Dam mentioned above. Simple.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Yeah, I like the ability to adjust the post too. I spent a lot of time on the 1100 Turbo which is a fixed vertical and got used to not being able to adjust it, but a few rides on the 800 and I am back to moving the post all around depending on the riding. These bushings tighten it up like it should have been in the first place.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
I prefer the adjustable post. With the new bushings it has very little slop. I will gladly give up 1/2 pound for the adjustability. If you don't want the post buy the HCR or the kit Dam mentioned above. Simple.

Closer to 4lbs if I remember correctly from changing mine. But that is going to the so-called horizontal steering too where you also remove the intermediate shaft and crank also. Not for everyone mind you.

Premium Features