• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TIMBERSLED skid w/ fox floats... OR ...stock Float skid w/ EXIT shocks?

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
at title states. i have done some research on both topics, but i cannot find a direct comparison between them

1. 2010 timbersled mtn tamer skid with fox floats http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307064

2. or keep the stock skid and replace the oem floats with exit shocks?

i am 275 lbs. my main type of riding is playing in the trees. not looking to out-climb anyone on a mountain side.

3. OR......(im going to throw this out there too).....keep the stock skid and stock floats and have the burandt update done to the shocks.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Geo Mod, burandt kit, or send them our for a proper revalve to Toms or a few well known others. Those are your best cost effective options.

If I was choosing an aftermarket skid I would do Kmod, nothing but good things posted about them. The new Timbersled skid is supposed to be better than the last version tsled, time will tell.

Good reviews on exit shocks, and also the raptor shocks

Stack

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
at title states. i have done some research on both topics, but i cannot find a direct comparison between them

1. 2010 timbersled mtn tamer skid with fox floats http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307064

2. or keep the stock skid and replace the oem floats with exit shocks?

i am 275 lbs. my main type of riding is playing in the trees. not looking to out-climb anyone on a mountain side.

3. OR......(im going to throw this out there too).....keep the stock skid and stock floats and have the burandt update done to the shocks.

DO NOT repeat DO NOT repeat DO NOT

buy that skid with the fox floats

it is flat out TERRIBLE.

I don't care what float it is, whose name is on the shock as an upgrade

Buy fox floats with that skid.

Do yourself a favor and spring for the exit shocks. Get a REAL shock set up for a large rider.

The skid is fine, the POS floats are what just kills me every single time I ride mine.

I hate it so bad I'm seriously considering just putting leaf springs on because it'd ride better.

Seriously. I can't stress this enough.

buy that skid with floats.

Go with the Exit shocks, you will thank me later.

B

Brett Slagle

Jan 11, 2008
4Z just listed his used Exit rear shock for a fair price, check that out. If I was you, I'd buy that over the timbersled skid with Floats. Real shocks (especially the well built Exit) are an awesome upgrade. I'd prefer good shocks over a few pounds of weight loss. The stock M skid is pretty decent.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Just remember that if you buy something used you are most likely going to need to send in the shocks to have them reworked for you anyway so factor that cost in. No matter what brand of shock it is, if it is setup for a 190lb guy it will not work properly for you. Even a 20lb difference might warrant a change.

Also, if it is more than a year or two old the shocks should be serviced anyway.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
stock skid with exits >>>>>>>>>>>> timbersled with floats any day of the week.

Even with boost I'd take the stock skid w/ exits over the t-sled skid with floats.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

buy that skid with the fox floats

it is flat out TERRIBLE.

I don't care what float it is, whose name is on the shock as an upgrade

Buy fox floats with that skid.

Do yourself a favor and spring for the exit shocks. Get a REAL shock set up for a large rider.

The skid is fine, the POS floats are what just kills me every single time I ride mine.

I hate it so bad I'm seriously considering just putting leaf springs on because it'd ride better.

Seriously. I can't stress this enough.

buy that skid with floats.

Go with the Exit shocks, you will thank me later.

hmmm...what are ya trying to say...lmao..

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
hmmm...what are ya trying to say...lmao..

Dog is so subtle, I'm trying to figure out what he's getting at too...:face-icon-small-win

for someone 250+, I'd agree with dog 100%. The added rock in your skid that exits give you is worth it for a heavy guy.

For someone <200... I prefer a properly valved, slightly thicker shock oiled float, but that's me, I care about weight & exits are HEAVY... REALLY HEAVY.

Premium Features