• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket Front Ends

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Had my MC out yesterday and got both a arms and a shock on the right side. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with aftermarket front ends on the ascender platforms.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Just did the same thing yesterday with exactly the same damage, so looking for the same. The ones i have found is Skinz Concept, Z-Broz Racing, Black Diamond Xtreme and Alternative Impact. For now im looking mostly at the Black Diamond Xtreme lower arms, looks good and you can choose to buy only the lower ones.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Just curious, what benefits are there to moving the spindles ahead 5”? How does the 27 degree castor compare to stock?

Any disadvantages to this geometry?

Moving them forward makes the sled easier to get on side and hold a side hill. The 27 deg is what the new spindle is set at from the factory. With our kit you can also run the older style spindle and it puts it as the same angle

Have you tested your kit on a 2018 Ascender? I feel that it should be a rather big difference, going from stock to yours, when it costs around $350 more than the rest :face-icon-small-con

I personally have not put one on a 2018 but we have sold quite a few to guys who do ride the 2018. The feedback is very positive. Just like it has been for the guys riding 2012-2017
Most of the aftermarket ones listed at the beginning in the thread are just factory settings, and they are comparable to the factory price. The other, like ours is a +forward kit. I don't know by how much. But they require new shocks and the kit is considerably more.
We have our shop sled at 35"(not with the ski spacers) so our kit is also capable of being set even narrower if desired.

Premium Features