• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280?

T
Jan 4, 2011
I put a 162" 3" pitch on my axys and ride with a 174" series 7 axys, a 2014 pro with a 162" x3, a pro with a 155" series 6 2.6" and another pro with a stock 163" 2.4".

The conquer will out climb everything but the 174".

It trenches more than the pro 2.4", maybe slightly more than the 2.6".

The 174" stays on top of the snow much better than all of them.

With the wider lugs I feel like the conquer doesn't roll over the rails as much on a side hill as other tracks allowing it to hold a line better and not wash out.

In more setup snow and hardpack it flat out hooks up better than any other track. I think it's because of the lug design and higher durometer of the rubber.

On the trail there is no other track that kicks up a rooster tail like this one, and I'm running the 3" snow flap...

B
Feb 6, 2012
I feel the 3 pitch 156 definitely trenches a little more than any stock pro/axys track I have ridden. I will also say that the track seems to be getting better the more I ride it. So far so good in the durability department (running down logging roads high speeds/technical tree riding) . I think after some more seat time it will prove to have been a great replacement for my wrecked 2.6.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I put a 162" 3" pitch on my axys and ride with a 174" series 7 axys, a 2014 pro with a 162" x3, a pro with a 155" series 6 2.6" and another pro with a stock 163" 2.4".

With the wider lugs I feel like the conquer doesn't roll over the rails as much on a side hill as other tracks allowing it to hold a line better and not wash out.

In more setup snow and hardpack it flat out hooks up better than any other track. I think it's because of the lug design and higher durometer of the rubber.

On the trail there is no other track that kicks up a rooster tail like this one, and I'm running the 3" snow flap...

This is exactly the feedback I'm looking for as I'm thinking the 280 will be one of my next year's mods. Along with a different suspension setup.

Flyn Or Dyn

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2009
Wisconsin

We just got back from West Yellowstone from a week long trip we had a 74 and 63 with the 280. West had about 70" no base good snow and very soft in the trees. Very happy with the track and 74. The track is worth it

Last edited:
Z
Dec 28, 2014

So the conquer trenches more than polaris tracks and hooks up great in hardpack? Sounds a lot like Peak to me.. not good in deep snow

T
Jan 4, 2011
So the conquer trenches more than polaris tracks and hooks up great in hardpack? Sounds a lot like Peak to me.. not good in deep snow

It doesn't trench anymore than the challenger X3 162", maybe even a little less. But it will out climb the X3 in deep snow. Although the 280 is on an Axys and the X3 is on a ProRide, I still feel the 280 is better overall. Climbs better, trenches about the same and is 16 lbs lighter.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
It doesn't trench anymore than the challenger X3 162", maybe even a little less. But it will out climb the X3 in deep snow. Although the 280 is on an Axys and the X3 is on a ProRide, I still feel the 280 is better overall. Climbs better, trenches about the same and is 16 lbs lighter.
You guys are talking two different tracks. One of you said stock Polaris Track and the other said X3. And comparing at Pro ride to a Axys???

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
This ^^^

154 3.5" pitch vs 156 3" pitch. 154 is 2 lbs lighter but are there any vibration issues with 6-tooth drivers?

Couple guys commented earlier that they both noticed more vibration with the 3.5" pitch/6T driver.
I'll probably being going the route of 3" pitch and 156" track.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I have the 154 3.5 on a pro with avid extrovert drivers and they do vibrate more. I only notice it on the trail or hardpack at higher speeds not when in deep snow. I think the track gets better with some miles but I did take a knife to the back side of the lugs on mine. I trimmed the back supports a little on the center half of lug to get more flex out of it. Headed to island park tomorrow to test it out

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Anyone else that thinks the durability is abit lacking on the 280?
My lugs starts to crack at the bottom. And especially from the middle of the track and outwards.

Im maybe down to 70-75% effiency of the track when it comes to missing lugs :/

Last edited:
Premium Features