• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Ski/Snowboard Rack and Heavy Duty Cast Bumper

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wv-BcrlL-0E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
That is a great bumper I also added the C-Type hitch to it for a freight sled . The way it locks when not used is a good touch .

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
LOL , I've seen how some guys have used that double hook and it's scary .
Check one out , it's pretty gnarly .

We've used the hell out of them.
Let those bungees do the work and save our energy for riding!
Nobody's stock bumper holds up, we've wrecked several.
Doo's heavy duty bumper for xp/xm proved bullet proof.
One in our group fabricates knock offs of the Skins bumper for his Polaris sleds and they've held up.

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
When you consider how much Doo charges for the rack and bumper, I would have expected it to be much better.

I came from an AXYS and I really miss their ski rack. So much simpler and easier to customize.

I thought about modifying the Doo rack to get a bit closer but am having trouble justifying spending any more money on it.

I like to ski tour and pow surf off the sled. The rack just barely fits a pow surfer. And if you want to be able to easily switch from surf to ski or vice versa, you need to buy an extra set of straps. Which means you will almost always have one of the sets of straps flapping around.

The Polaris strap can be shortened or lengthened in about a minute. It also has a ratchet similar to a snowboard binding so you can be sure it's tightly clamped onto whatever is in the rack.

I think the Doo rack needs to be redone from the ground up.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Are you using the hitch on the heavy duty bumper rather than the hitch bumper? I'd been wondering if that's possible

Yes , but the hitch where it turns up only has one screw in it even though the pieces are kind of interlocking before putting the one screw in on each side , it wobbles a little . Thinking about drilling and adding a rivet . A flaw on their behalf but I still like the bumper and it's fixable . The C-Type hitch diameter wise is the same as the bumper , all I had to do was drill the holes .

With a good rivet I think it would be a pretty hardy bumper to the point if it was any tougher you could damage the tunnel . Way hardier than some of the other manufactured tow bumpers too .

Premium Features