• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

12 Nytro To Buy or Not To Buy?

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
one thing to consider is the install time on the turbo is MUCH less than the supercharger (this is the yamaha push kit i am talking about). i think only 4 or 5 hours with the turbo kit. very little lag with turbo despite what some people say. im sure you will happy with either but turbo is better IMO, more power.

Ps- if you are planning on riding at low elevation you will probably need to mix some race fuel in because neither kit uses a head shim.

Last edited:
B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
I was thinking of getting the head shim put in at the dealer and then upgrade later on to the stage I myself. Outlaw Motorsports has a nytro with Stage II and head shim running pump gas. That is the one I should buy but kind of want the new 12 nytro over the 10 with 1500 miles on it.

D
Mar 3, 2008
i went with mcx 240 its pump gas havn,t seen a s charger hang with it yet, i think the distance you can go on your fuel would also be a thought if you ride in the mountians. Once your in the boost these things are thirsty I ride with mostly 2 strokes and own a summit the only time ive ran out off fuel is with the nytro and i pack a extra 5 gal and often have to bum extra just to get back to the truck . this is at about 14 lbs boost

Last edited:
I

I Dare Ya Rene!

Dec 25, 2007
www.eaglevalleylodge.com
Sounds like you need a 240 MCX kit built by a good installer like Vernon Motorsports or CR Racing. The turbo rules over the supercharger. I have put 16,000km on my MCX Yammies in last 2 years and love the power and reliability. Only issue was my fault, forgot to tighten chain after couple thousand km and it broke. Second was a stuck MCX injector, was still able to drive out.
These sleds will outperform all my previous 2stokers hands down, they love the boondockin and tight trees and climb like Billy goats on the Juice. The only thing they don't do as well is land the big *** jumps like 2 strokers, but with all my buddies gettin hurt bad on big jumps in the last couple years I am getting away from the big jumps and focusing on the technical aspects anyways. Cheers, Rene

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I'd buy a couple year old Nytro in good condition and use the extra money in mods. If you're factoring in the turbo already, that $4-5,000 saved on a used sled goes along way towards suspensions and tunnel and all the fun little extras that go with it.

Premium Features