• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

162''catfloat skid (nytro)

D

detz1000

Dec 1, 2008
MN
I just about got it mounted and had a few setup Q's. What psi in shock, limiterstrap setting, and about how far down from running board for rear holes. Sled is 08' 162'' nytro with powderlites stage2. Skid is out of an 08' M1000 162''.Thanks in advance.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Do you have the front bolts on the cat skid mounted into the stock holes on the nytro tunnle or did you move them?

The reason I ask is because a 153 cat float skid bolts right into the stock holes (front and rear ) on a Nytro and then you use a 162 track and 9" rear wheels and everything works perfect.

I would think the cat 162 skid would be way too long. Eric

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
So how tight was that with the nine inch wheels? Was that adjusted all the way or still some room? I have the same setup I would like to run an eight inch wheel though. Don't like the offset axle.

Sorry don't mean to hijack the thread

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
Are you running the cat track? if you are you need to trim you track clips. the tab needs to go or it will destroy your drivers.

S
Nov 30, 2007
Meridian, Idaho
I just put a cat skid in my nytro with a 162. Thank you to SRXSRULE for all the input.

A cat 162 skid would be way to long. I used a 153 bolted up to the stock Nytro mounting holes and had hoped that somehow it would work with the stock 8" wheels but alas it will not unless you move it back. I went with the 9" wheels. I got my axle from www.cecomponents.com I purchased theirs because in addition to going up 1/2" they go forward 1/2". You are able to turn it around as well so that it is actually 1/2" back which is what I did. When it was all done the axle was almost exactly centered in the adjustment slots.

The axle kit was well machined. The only bummer is they make their kits as a universal so I had to do a little filing to get it to go into the slots. A vice, file and about 10 minutes took care of that.

I added an anti-stab kit as well. I have stabbed a track before, not only is it not fun it is expensive too.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I have a cat skid in my mountain max right now and it works well. I am going to put one into my nytro as well. The skid that is in my mm right now is the 153. I measured the rails between the nytro and that skid and they are almost exactly the same. The only reason that the 162 cat skid seems to long is because the front arm mounts further forward than the yamaha setup. The problem with just moving it back and putting the nine inch wheels on is that you are losing most of your track. The amount of track that you have on the snow will be almost the same as the 153 setup. The one thing it did do for me on my mm was make the track approach angle really good at only seventeen degrees. The front mounting point just needs to be changed with the 162 setup. I guess I will get to see how that works out on my sled since I already have a 162 setup coming.

Premium Features