• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check engine light constant blink or maybe 1 blink???

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Ok well to me it looks like it's blinking constant but my check engine light has never flashed before so not sure how long the pause is between the flashes.

I took my throttle body off to adjust my oiler cable and I put on a Fire N Ice intake well when i went to load my sled for the summer it idels but as soon as I touch the gas it back fires and about dies. let off and idles fine. I checked the wires on the TPS Harness and they seem to be ok but can't see it going into the back of the computer.

Could it be the harnes and TPS or am I looking in the wrong spot????

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
yeh buddy.

its the TPS sensor, or the TPS harness is out of whack..

you might have bumped the sensor when you pulled the throttle bodies off..

or when you moved the wiring harness you broke the wires inside the insulation.

but i would bet money the harness is broken inside..thats why you cant see it ;)

$35 for a new harness, you cut and splice it in

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
yeh buddy.

its the TPS sensor, or the TPS harness is out of whack..

you might have bumped the sensor when you pulled the throttle bodies off..

or when you moved the wiring harness you broke the wires inside the insulation.

but i would bet money the harness is broken inside..thats why you cant see it ;)

$35 for a new harness, you cut and splice it in

Nice, i hope it's not the actual tps looks like those are around $119. I checked to see if the TPS was able to move and it is exstremely tight and don't see any marks that it would have moved.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
you dont have a buy a TPS if teh sensor is whack..you just reset it using the TPS tool...that you should have already built being a 900 owner ;)

yeh pull harness out some, cut wiring back, install new harness BAM...and maybe reset the TPS while your at it...its cake man...DO IT!!

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
you dont have a buy a TPS if teh sensor is whack..you just reset it using the TPS tool...that you should have already built being a 900 owner ;)

yeh pull harness out some, cut wiring back, install new harness BAM...and maybe reset the TPS while your at it...its cake man...DO IT!!

lol, nope i have never touched the TPS so I will have to make the tool. Need to find the thread on how to make that bad boy and how to set it.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
hey bro, how did this work out...

you better not have went to the dealership to have it done, lol.

haha, HEL! NO, they are not touching my sled.

Actually I loaded it up on the trailer and havn't even had time to order the parts. Most likely will stay like that until either I get a weekend it rains and can't work, or it's going to stay like that until fall :face-icon-small-sad

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Would anyone have any time to make me a tool to set the TPS or have an extra one laying around. I have been trying to find time to get the stuff to make one and this summer has been nuts. I hate having my sled on the trailer and it's not running but just don't have the time to work on it.

M

miko700

Dec 16, 2009
Washington cascade concrete
granted everything does point to your tps......but! i did have the exact same symptoms last year and it ended up being my fuel pressure regulator.....if it aint one thing its another...

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
granted everything does point to your tps......but! i did have the exact same symptoms last year and it ended up being my fuel pressure regulator.....if it aint one thing its another...

Thanks, if it's not the TPS i will check that next. Pretty sure it has something to do whith the TPS because i was messing with the Throttle boddies and right after that is whent he problem started.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Just replace the TPS pigtail/connector first and see what happens. Based on your description, it sounds like one of the wires in that connector have broken...very common.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
2011-09-12201302.jpg

ah, finally got to smell the two stroke smoke again. The pigtail is all it was. Was a very easy fix. Have a loose wire in the brakes somewhere the brake light doesn't get bright everytime i hit the brake. Next project is going to paint my rails and a-arms.

Premium Features