• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What about the ARO 3

N

nwbcr

Mar 20, 2013
The Riot is getting all the attention whats everyone's opinion on the ARO 3. Seems like a lot have been wanting a 3" track so is this the ultimate set up or will it be too much for a 450-500 class machine. Hopefully there will be some at the Cow Tag this weekend.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The ARO 3 is going to be awesome in deep powder situations. I think it will be an awesome choice for guys wanting to be the man in highmarking or motoring though some serious powder. The track is squared off so it does not initiate as well as the other ARO tracks. The new ARO has a lot less rolling resistance so I am not worried about the 3" track putting extra load on the engine. I would say it will spin it just fine.

V
Sep 22, 2008
SO has anyone compared the track approach angle of the Aro 3 to the first gen Aro 18 -19 years maybe the new track can be put under a 121 with rail extensions if the drivers measure out

N
Dec 18, 2015
121.0lbs / 54.9kg For ARO3
117.0lbs / 53.1kg For ARO129

4lbs extra.. all in the paddles as extra moving mass.
Plus added traction.... all that needs power to drive it.

So... It will definitely have an effect.. It will also be rider and snow condition dependent, but there will definitely be times the ARO129 track out performs the ARO3.
The positive or negative balance about which one is better time will tell if its bigger is better spin from the marketing department or a technical improvement from the product development department.

If you think the back of the track collapsing and ski rising up is good for the backcountry and climbing buy a riot!... just make sure you get the LE version as it allows you quickly adjust the rear suspension to stop this. (Last I checked std version does not)
FYI you can achieve a somewhat similar effect on any kit by gimping the rear shock and softening it up, positive is the RIOT LE is the only system you can do this quickly and easily with out tools, so you can show off for a bit and set it back to normal and ride the rest of the day and not get left behind.

Premium Features