• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Water to air intercooler with a garret setup

S
Jan 25, 2010
doesn't look like my link worked, but the intercooler i was looking at is the type 13 on www.frozenboost.com

i have had a water to Air on my sled last 2 year. put 4 on hill climbers at jackson last year. found more power But sizing is more important then you might think to big more lag to small = hot air for the intake. The right size and the right water piping is the key or you will be unhappy. Happy to help if needed.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
i have had a water to Air on my sled last 2 year. put 4 on hill climbers at jackson last year. found more power But sizing is more important then you might think to big more lag to small = hot air for the intake. The right size and the right water piping is the key or you will be unhappy. Happy to help if needed.

Sparkey
Were the water to air coolers you done, self contained?,
their own cooling exchanger or tied into the engine coolant?
And how big of motors?
I'm a firm believer that cooler intakes make more power but I hate the idea of extra pumps and electrical draw.
Thanks Kevin

S
Jan 25, 2010
Sparkey
Were the water to air coolers you done, self contained?,
their own cooling exchanger or tied into the engine coolant?
And how big of motors?
I'm a firm believer that cooler intakes make more power but I hate the idea of extra pumps and electrical draw.
Thanks Kevin

Did you see the one brad has on his 1200 ? he uses a separate pump and cooler he runs a lot more engine heat kind of like your 1200 beast 800 can be done different with great results. your hole shot could suffer and ground speed should be on the top end. that little 800 on your tail last spring had a water to air cooler.

Premium Features