• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Proclimb M153 on the scales (pic) 11lbs over the 11

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
^ In over your head eh? No prob, I remember my first beer too!

Anyways...same scale, same dude weighing, coming with roughly the same fluids and ready to ride other than gas, 38lbs difference. Argue it any way you want....the difference is really all that matters. Dry weights are like fuel economy ratings....good for comparison, but not exactly what you'll have in the real world. If I want to be a dick, technically the Pro even has a longer track to boot!

If 38lbs is a big deal.....is up to the customer. In my honest personal opinion, if I liked Cats, I don't think 38lbs would change my mind to buy something else. That said, I'm not going to sell my poo to get something heavier. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
Say what you want but I'm a bit disappointed that Cat came in almost 40lbs heavier!

I ordered a XFHC to play with and I'm already at a disadvantage to my friend who bought a Polaris? 10 maybe 20lbs and I'm like whatever BUT 40?

KJP

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Say what you want but I'm a bit disappointed that Cat came in almost 40lbs heavier!

I ordered a XFHC to play with and I'm already at a disadvantage to my friend who bought a Polaris? 10 maybe 20lbs and I'm like whatever BUT 40?

KJP

Just be thankful that the prormk is light when your towing him out! Fricken polaris engines.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
No one has disputed the crate weight being more, they where disputing the dry vs crate weight. I am willing to bet once you add a turbo and ditch all the weight that is easily removed on both sleds you will be within 15lbs. But the HP is going to be way more.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Jay, your over looking one glaring thing about your precious pile of POO!. A 145HP in a weak cranked piston eating motor is not even close to making up for a 38# weight advantage. Your small dick comment about the a bigger track just draws attention to that fact!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
what? Maybe 7 hp? I'll take the 40lbs weight savings and add a head to the Pro.

I think that cat can't afford a bomb of a sled, so they didn't release a bomb. They will see what is weak and what is overbuilt this year, then cut weight for next year. The End user can find ways to abuse the sled so much more than a cat test rider. I would bet that polaris is probally heavier in 2012 than 2011. and that cat will be lighter in 2013 than 2012. Makes sense to me.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Jay, your over looking one glaring thing about your precious pile of POO!. A 145HP in a weak cranked piston eating motor is not even close to making up for a 38# weight advantage. Your small dick comment about the a bigger track just draws attention to that fact!

HAHHAHAHAHA lol

I am scared of 2 stroke engines. . . . Especially the polaris 800.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Even with the 163" weiner the pro still weighs less than the small-weiner-edition 153" cat whaaaat? Everyone wants more weiner for their money....but no one wants fat chicks.

Last edited:

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
weights

So the lighter the easier it is to bend up. And you will if you hit a SMALL rock I have seen it Polarias and Doo BOYS.:face-icon-small-ton just my 2 cents worth.

S
Jan 26, 2008
Scale in picture.

I know this may seem kind of irrelevant, but when was the last time this scale was calibrated? When did he weigh the 2011 M8? Not that this weight issue is important to me because I am going from my 07 XFire800 that weighed 525lbs. with 143hp to an XF800HC that is supposed to around 451lbs. with 163+ horsepower. On top of the horsepower difference I am also wondering how much more HP & torque we will get to the track over the old Diamond Drive? I can't wait until it arrives.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Even with the 163" weiner the pro still weighs less than the small-weiner-edition 153" cat whaaaat? Everyone wants more weiner for their money....but no one wants fat chicks.

She said thicker weiner was better than long skinny lightweight weiner.

You can ask any turbo builder and on a 2 stroke the cat is hard to beat, it makes more power and more reliably. Everyone B1tched about the weight of a m1000 and my piped weight reduced m1000 beat every other NA sled I came across, I bought it brand new and all together had $11,500, in it and no one could feel the weight. Like I have said 100 times, I want light weight but if it handles as good or better than a pro then I will have one, the weight can be removed for pennies and the extra hp makes up for it, but only if it handles right.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Why are there so many threads about welding up Cat bulkheads? Cat needed to add weight to an already weak chassis :)

I haven't had it happen, I guess that .5lbs you could add is just BULL CHIT ehh. I have also seen one that was broke for a couple thousand miles and still worked.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Why are there so many threads about welding up Cat bulkheads?
Doesn't count....engine, clutch and chassis repair threads only exist in Doo and Pol sections. Also in this section everyone would rather have a heavier sled.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--One added component I'll gladly take that other sleds do not have is the Torque Arm between the clutches that retains perfect clutch alignment. Less stress on everything-engine, bulkhead, belt, clutches, mounts, bearings. A really much superior addition by Arctic Cat over other brands.

--I think the hood on the Pro is actually a structural member for the chassis, but since it has a pinwheel crankshaft, it works just fine.

Premium Features