• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Material for Engine Jacket? What material does PST use?

T
Oct 25, 2018
Norway
What material should I use to make a engine jacket for my bike? The fabric PST use looks like the best one. Can anyone tell what this is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2GGU--2wyY

I got an older bike and live in Europe (Norway) so it is not cost effective to buy the PST engine jacket. My mom is very handy with a sewing machine and DIY stuff so I am going make one myself. Just need to source the right material.

The fabric PST use looks like the best one. Can anyone tell what this is?

Thanks

T
Oct 25, 2018
Norway
Polyester Canvas

Not much response here.

I went with 100%Polyester Canvas that is teflon coated. Seems a good option and Polyester should be ok up to 180C and dont melt until over 200C.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I got a chance to look at Drifters engine jacket. It looks to be some kind of rubber coated material, maybe a silicone rubber?
The price is actually pretty good but I have an application that is unique and won't work with their standard offering. I was told to make a pattern from poster board or even heavy paper and they would make me a cover.

I would like to find the material (or something similar) and make my own. I don't like the look of the canvas material.

K

kell8071

Feb 4, 2013
Vashon, WA
I got a chance to look at Drifters engine jacket. It looks to be some kind of rubber coated material, maybe a silicone rubber?
The price is actually pretty good but I have an application that is unique and won't work with their standard offering. I was told to make a pattern from poster board or even heavy paper and they would make me a cover.

I would like to find the material (or something similar) and make my own. I don't like the look of the canvas material.

The material drifters uses is almost identical to the big duck link posted above. Make sure to get the fire retardant material...

Premium Features