• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project Assault build

C
Feb 20, 2008
Well, this thing had quite the back story to it prior to me owning it, but I'm not going to get to far into that.

I will say, this thing was CLAPPED out when I picked it up. The price was right, and it was the perfect start for what I wanted to do!

the bad..
busted crank shaft
bent a arm
broken rear bumper
chipping paint on hood
busted plastics around the gas tank
bent tunnel
worn skis
busted tail light
bent running boards
.. the list goes on

It did only have 208x miles on it.

the good
van amburg braces
front shocks already valved stiffer
track in near perfect shape
custom braces on rails
slp intake
it was cheap, lol.

pics of the day I got it.
IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

Picked up a good bottom end and everything for a top end rebuild, but one of the new rings was bent so I was on stand by till a new one showed up.
IMG_2957.jpg

Got bored, started planning how I was going to build a rear bumper/brace and made my first template.
IMG_2990.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

replaced the bent burandt boards for skinz air frames and got a gas rack
IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

I then straightened the tunnel
IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

it had stock pro shocks on the rear, replaced with a set of WE's built by ryznar industries, both front and rear skid shocks has clickers.
IMG_3027.png

started to polish the tunnel, unfortunately this really makes my tunnel repairs "pop" but they will be covered by the bumper/brace I am building.
IMG_3115.png

IMG_3116.png

Engine built and being dropped in place.
IMG_3119.png

here you can see the van amburg bulkhead braces.
IMG_3118.png

First start!
assault_first_start.jpg

decided to make the name official
IMG_3190.jpg

I couldn't resist... took it for a spin around the yard
assault_yard.jpg

Polaris ultimate front bumper
IMG_3651.jpg

Replaced the worn c&a xt's for a set of c&a mtx's, also replaced the stock front end with a zbroz 43" setup
new_front_end.jpg

And of course, OFT pro armor tether!
DSC0041.jpg

I also installed a BMP powder lite can..
And I did some clutch work to the sled, which brings us to the sleds current state. I finally took it out for the shake down run this weekend, had an absolute blast. Project Assault is a beast!

Hope you enjoy the vid, and yes there is more on the list of to do's for the Project Assault!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q8fy_G9eW4&t=6s

There are also several videos on the build as well, feel free to check out my YouTube channel.

Last edited:
Premium Features