• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Nytro with a 240 hp Alpine front mount using lots of fuel

R

Robison

Jun 21, 2010
Kelowna, BC
Took my sled out yesterday for an early ride and used approx. 3.5 gal in 23 miles (37 km) of just trail riding within 2 hours. Seems a little excessive. Any ideas why?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
did it run fine & what type of fuel controler do you have,mite have your fuel pressure to high or a fuel leak.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Took my sled out yesterday for an early ride and used approx. 3.5 gal in 23 miles (37 km) of just trail riding within 2 hours. Seems a little excessive. Any ideas why?
You probably use the PURE TRADGIC box:( would advice you to take it off ASAP, and buy a new system

R

Robison

Jun 21, 2010
Kelowna, BC
I'm running the Pure Logic (Tragic) fuel controller. Pump gas at around 12 boost. Seems to be running a bit rough bottom end and great top end. What fuel pressure should I be running. I read 42 psi. Going to call Alpine today. Might have to install the trail tank if I can't get better fuel consumption. Can only carry so much fuel up the mountain. No leaks.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
I'm running the Pure Logic (Tragic) fuel controller. Pump gas at around 12 boost. Seems to be running a bit rough bottom end and great top end. What fuel pressure should I be running. I read 42 psi. Going to call Alpine today. Might have to install the trail tank if I can't get better fuel consumption. Can only carry so much fuel up the mountain. No leaks.
42 is the right f.pressure. you should buy Boost it to fuel your sled and PC ignition module, to get the most power out of your sled.
http://www.powercommander.com/power...ionModule/powercommander_ignition_module.aspx

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Go with Boost-It, nothing else needed. No point making it complicated. :face-icon-small-con

R

Robison

Jun 21, 2010
Kelowna, BC
Called Alpine. Thinks it is most likely fuel controller settings. Boost it might be the best option. Fuel pressure should be 52 to 53 psi. Quoted air-fuel ranges for idle, cruising and under load. Might try one more time before I think about switching controllers. Mountain Mod seat and trail tank is around $500 to $600. Going to get that for sure.

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Called Alpine. Thinks it is most likely fuel controller settings. Boost it might be the best option. Fuel pressure should be 52 to 53 psi. Quoted air-fuel ranges for idle, cruising and under load. Might try one more time before I think about switching controllers. Mountain Mod seat and trail tank is around $500 to $600. Going to get that for sure.
Tod was their best builder, and he told me 42psi are you running big inj. and high fuelp. the pure logic just breaks. i think i used 5 in 2-3 months. theiy will break if you just make a to loud http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB7rKMcNnak

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
yes sounds like your controler is adding fuel to soon. stock fueling is fine till you get to about 5lbs boost then you want the fuel to come on.you dont need to add any fuel to the idle & mid range settings.i went to the boost it system with my alpine kit & it made it a new sled, way more power with less boost.if you are running the bigger 450cc injectors you will lose some fuel mileage too.

R

Robison

Jun 21, 2010
Kelowna, BC
I am only running stock injectors. Set fuel pressure to 53 psI as directed by Alpine. Almost set Controller to recommended setting. Will dial it in once up at the hill. Hopefully consumption gets better.

Premium Features