• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

APEX Yamcharger testing by Simons CPR...WOW!!

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
i would just go out and buy an electric leaf blower and plumb it into the air box and tap some wires and voula....you have one of these kits for a fraction of the price lol.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
Come on TURK

Triple pipes on a mm are under 20 hp alltho the pipe makers will tell ya 25-30. I have seen a lot of dyno runs on em. Also include the fact you gotta now run premium fuel & use a lot more of it.
Check out the dyno reports on pipes & you will see an honest 131hp is the max from a 700 red head.
http://www.m-performance.com/Sidor/dyno_yamaha.htm

It costs a lot more to mod a 4 stroke engin then any 2 stroke..nature of the beast. The comparison made in the post above is just totally irrelevant.

>>>
LMAO....OK TURK, I too have seen Dyno's of 151 H.p. for the Viper with SLP pipes and reed spacers (20.00) and it didn't cost 100.00 per H.p. so blow this out that pipe your smoken! Dyno numbers are all relative and there are just as many SHOWING these gains as there are NOT showing them.
JUSTIFYING the above cost by another manufactureres cost for a complete big boost kit is NOT an honest comparison for this product no matter how many strokes your referring to! Secondly the cost is still 30.00 MORE per horse power then the highly priced complete big boost kits! How much would this cost if it were 85.00 per H.p. ......1700.00. THIS is much closer to reasonable then 2200.00.....LMAO......getting your feelers hurt isn't gonna change the facts and the obvious for those of us non suk ups! Flame on :rolleyes:

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
if it works as advertised that 20 hp. is only true at sea level, as there is no adjustability as in boost or pulley size you can not adjust for elevation. so as you go up in elevation your hp gains get smaller. and for the mountain guys at 10,000 ft. you will lose 30% so thats 14 hp. gain for $2200 I don,t think thats a good deal, atleast with a turbo or supercharger you can adjust for elevation and maintain the same gains.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
bingo.....

if it works as advertised that 20 hp. is only true at sea level, as there is no adjustability as in boost or pulley size you can not adjust for elevation. so as you go up in elevation your hp gains get smaller. and for the mountain guys at 10,000 ft. you will lose 30% so thats 14 hp. gain for $2200 I don,t think thats a good deal, atleast with a turbo or supercharger you can adjust for elevation and maintain the same gains.

>>>
BINGO....this is another reason why this system can NOT be compared to the price of a complete boost kit.....let alone cost you 30.00 more per h.p. then real boost costs. If you have more money then brains this is ok otherwise your a retard to pay this much for the product! Spend another 2000.00and buy a used Super or turbo and never have to worry about plastic housings or 20 h.p. or getting tired of the mod and wanting more. Time you guys spend 1500.00 on exhaust, timing and pc3 then this simple marketing money stealer you could have bought the real turbo or super and been money ahead and have something worth selling in the future or keeping........

S
Dec 17, 2009
>>>
Tripple pipes for a Viper or MM 700 equals 25 H.P. for 700.00.....by your theory they should charge 2000.00 for these pipes? BECAUSE a complete turbo or supercharger kit installed is 88.00 to 90.00 per H.P., ....... this "justifies" their/your cost for this simple system?
Jeff your a smart guy and not all of us are that nieve......we should NOT have to pay the same in the US for this product period! Secondly you can shape it how you like it's still an expensive modification for what your buying and nealry 30.00 per H.P. more then a turbo or super!!!!
Like I said if it was 1500.00 plus clutching then it would be a fair price for THIS product! 2200.00 I don't care how much machining, prototyping expense the manufacturer has you still have to look at the products over all value! G-Force is squeeeezing ever possible dollar out of this product they can possibly charge, like I said earlier. Show me dyno numbers of 30 h.p. with this and a PC3 then it's justified!
Why not send your head to Hurricane and get your 20 h.p. through dyno proven porting for 1000.00 @ half the cost? OH AND for those guys who have the above mentioned additions you can achieve 30 dyno proven H.P. through Hurricane with porting!
Maybe at Totallyamaha.com being a site sponsor get's everyone to ignore the obvious or stops the truth from being stated, not on SW. Hell on TY if you mention something Tom don't like or in a way Tom don't like your banned ( like HONDO) or if you bad mouth a sponsors product.... if your not suken Tom's AZZ , you can't speak the truth!!! This is Snowest not TY and over here were not all on the Mr.Sled suck up wagon blind to the obvious. Nice product but your taking advantage of the consumer with this price!

alaskan...your right...the single pipe to triple pipes is a 27-30 hp gain for sx and vipers, the 99-newer t cats make 19 hp also...

but i,m talking current sleds, yamaha, arctic cat, polaris, skidoo included..
your not going to get alot of hp for your dollar these days. the factories are doing a much better job with the stock sleds.

please don't take this wrong, i'm not trying to fight with you, but...as for a head mod alone on a naturally aspirated apex engine that makes a 20 hp for 1000.00,(i don't care who does it) get a money back guarantee and take it to dynotech...maybe i'm wrong, but i think you'll be surprised.

i don't make these kits, so i don't know what their cost is, but i understand what your saying, it is alot of money, especially these days....

as for ty tom and other websites...i don't agree with everything they do...but there not my websites, and i have no interest in making my own website, so i play by their rules because i want to be on their website.

sorry if you felt i was misleading you, but hp per dollar on the new sleds is getting harder and harder to come by, i wasn't trying to bs you.

just looking at the retail price of these new sleds alone, its a wonder we can afford to go snowmobiling at all. lol jeff

Premium Features