• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

APEX Yamcharger testing by Simons CPR...WOW!!

S
Dec 17, 2009
Simons CPR has begun testing our g force yam charger apex and we are very impressed with what we have seen so far, over the next couple of weeks we will be posting our results. so far we have seen a 20 hp increase at the crankshaft, so where a stock apex is usually around 147-148 horsepower, we are seeing 167-168 hp consistantly on a long hard steady state pull, the powerband is very linear and will be very easy to clutch, i am currently updating my dyno software, and next week we will be continuing our testing with a power commander and exhaust modifications that should further enhance the G Force yamcharger system, after that we will be doing some track dyno evaluation, based on the power we are seeing on the engine dyno, and the power to the track that we all ready see with our simons supertune clutch kit on a stock apex, we should see around a 20 hp increase to the track over a bone stock apex. your talking a 95 track horsepower apex in trail form on pump gas with a very broad power band that cams and head porting will not be able to compete with. simons cpr very is excited to be distributing these kits for g-force because they fill a nitch between the stock apexs and boosted apexs that have previously been an all or nothing solution, when you look at the cost of a supercharger or turbo kit, and compare it to a big bore or cammed and ported apex, there really isn't a huge difference in price, however the turbos and superchargers will make way more power. granted there are problems associated with both, but for those looking for max power the pressurized solutions have been outstanding. now with the g force, yamcharger, you get a direct drive bolt on kit that appears to me will have little to no problems, and produce around 2 pounds of boost, while working well with the stock fuel system, the cost for this system is 2200.00 and is easy to install. we have already seen 20 hp gain, and i feel with a exhaust mod and some timing we will see possibly as much as 25 hp. all of our testing should be finished by the end of next week and we are currently taking orders for the yamchargers now. if anyone has any questions on this kit feel free to call me directly

p.s. I would also like to thank Kevin Boelk for donating his sled for this testing and for all the hard work he has put into helping us test this product. thanks Kevin.

Jeff Simon / Simons CPR
1-414-698-6611

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Can you provide more product info (as opposed to the results)?

What exactly are you selling for $2200?
Do you have any pics?

I looked at your website and didn't see anything about the Yamcharger.

Thanks, sound interesting!!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Let me get this right. Your charging $2200 for a modded air intake system and claiming 20hp. I call BS on this one

Did you read it? Its a belt drive supercharger coming right off the crankshaft. It makes 2lbs of BOOST! Thats where the 20hp comes from. Eric

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
Bingo.......

That is a cool idea, but not sure if it is worth the price tag!!!

>>>
COuple things.......2200.00 is in Canadian dollars according to G-Force AND does not come with clutching which is 300.00 more.....a bit steep. This is obviously a squeeze as many dollars out of a product as absolutely possible. How about something a bit more reasonable....like 2000.00 with clutching and offer a group buy...also does it come with a solid protective cover to go over the bottom of the housing sticking down 3" from the side panel?
Seems that if Ulmer can achieve 10-12 H.p through ignition,pipe, fuel curve and air this should add to the Yamacharger....add 2 lbs of boost and adjust curve to match should increase in to near 30 h.p.....then perhaps the price is understandable......good to see some cheaper products compared to the seven thousand dollar options.....:D

S
Dec 17, 2009
lets look at what you get horsepower per dollar

1500 us for 8 hp on airbox mod, exhaust can, clutching and controllers, simple install you can do yourself. = 187.5 per horsepower

2200 us for 20 hp on yamcharger with clutching
simple install you can do yourself. = 110.00 per horsepower

6350 us for 90 hp on turbo + fuel controller+ clutching
difficult install, mechanically inclined people can do themselves
without install = 70.55 per horsepower
with install (1200) =83.88 per horsepower

all kits work well, just depends on your budget, i personally think the yamcharger is a good value, you may look at it as plastic and aluminum pieces, but that 5 axis cnc billet alum impeller is not cheap to produce, and when is the last time you priced dies to make those plastic pieces as well as the other related parts that make up the kit, and thats not even added in the developmental costs, i.m sure there were multiple prototypes thrown away to get it to this point, you guys don't work for free, and they can't either. any big bore kit or piped venture is usually around 100 per horsepower, so i'd say they hit the mark value wise. jeff

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
copied from other thread:

$1500 or less would bring in a lot more customers, IMO. Getting over that and into the low $2000 range is just too steep.

"1500 us for 8 hp on airbox mod, exhaust can, clutching and controllers, simple install you can do yourself. = 187.5 per horsepower"

Not true with regards to HP. More like 12 HP+ with the exhaust, AB Mod, PC3 and IC with what I have researched on dyno results. Misrepresenting that, unless all the reports that I have researched are wrong, makes me a bit skeptical about any other info that you put out. If my info is wrong, i will stand to be corrected, just saying.

T
Dec 1, 2007
I saw one installed on an attak. It is a very well made unit. Everything looks like it came from the factory. We have no snow so it was waiting for testing.The nice thing is 20ish hp on regular fuel with only a small clutching change to harness the extra hp. You don,t need to monkey with fuel settings or run premium. Since it,s mounted right to the crank you can probably spin the motor higher & get more boost at wot.

J
Nov 27, 2007
2200 can. I think they will move if the exchange rate ever goes back to normal. or what we have been used to in the past at least. julio

S
Dec 17, 2009
copied from other thread:

$1500 or less would bring in a lot more customers, IMO. Getting over that and into the low $2000 range is just too steep.

"1500 us for 8 hp on airbox mod, exhaust can, clutching and controllers, simple install you can do yourself. = 187.5 per horsepower"

Not true with regards to HP. More like 12 HP+ with the exhaust, AB Mod, PC3 and IC with what I have researched on dyno results. Misrepresenting that, unless all the reports that I have researched are wrong, makes me a bit skeptical about any other info that you put out. If my info is wrong, i will stand to be corrected, just saying.

image001.gif
<!--[endif]-->
  • Ulmer Racing MOD Air Box​
  • Power Commander​
  • Ignition Module​
  • Mapping to match your exhaust and fuel (91 octane or 87 octane)​
  • Trail friendly, no loss in fuel mileage​
  • 8-10 hp midrange gains​
  • 6-7 hp top end gain​
  • $800 with MOD Air Box, PCIII, Ignition Module​
  • $1500 with MOD Air Box, PCIII, Ignition Module, Excell Motorsports Exhaust​

here you go, right off of Ulmers website. so to the best of my knowledge, this is what it is. Jeff

Last edited:
Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
How many stand-alone dyno test has there been on the yammi charger?
This must be for sea level? As you can't turn up the "boost" att high altitude?

I'm skeptic to this, well, or its mostly the price thats making me to be. :rolleyes:

Even if its alot of research and prototypes etc. in the development. The result is just a rotor with a big plastic tubing for me. (No offense)

Time will tell....

J
Nov 27, 2007
I hope the exchange rate stays were its @ or gets closer to even.

it cant get much closer than it is now to 1-1. works great for you in canada buying from the states. but then if you ask people who rely on tourism and or selling to those of us south of the boarder they would prefer it went back.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
Some thoughts.........

lets look at what you get horsepower per dollar

1500 us for 8 hp on airbox mod, exhaust can, clutching and controllers, simple install you can do yourself. = 187.5 per horsepower

2200 us for 20 hp on yamcharger with clutching
simple install you can do yourself. = 110.00 per horsepower

6350 us for 90 hp on turbo + fuel controller+ clutching
difficult install, mechanically inclined people can do themselves
without install = 70.55 per horsepower
with install (1200) =83.88 per horsepower

all kits work well, just depends on your budget, i personally think the yamcharger is a good value, you may look at it as plastic and aluminum pieces, but that 5 axis cnc billet alum impeller is not cheap to produce, and when is the last time you priced dies to make those plastic pieces as well as the other related parts that make up the kit, and thats not even added in the developmental costs, i.m sure there were multiple prototypes thrown away to get it to this point, you guys don't work for free, and they can't either. any big bore kit or piped venture is usually around 100 per horsepower, so i'd say they hit the mark value wise. jeff

>>>
Tripple pipes for a Viper or MM 700 equals 25 H.P. for 700.00.....by your theory they should charge 2000.00 for these pipes? BECAUSE a complete turbo or supercharger kit installed is 88.00 to 90.00 per H.P., ....... this "justifies" their/your cost for this simple system?
Jeff your a smart guy and not all of us are that nieve......we should NOT have to pay the same in the US for this product period! Secondly you can shape it how you like it's still an expensive modification for what your buying and nealry 30.00 per H.P. more then a turbo or super!!!!
Like I said if it was 1500.00 plus clutching then it would be a fair price for THIS product! 2200.00 I don't care how much machining, prototyping expense the manufacturer has you still have to look at the products over all value! G-Force is squeeeezing ever possible dollar out of this product they can possibly charge, like I said earlier. Show me dyno numbers of 30 h.p. with this and a PC3 then it's justified!
Why not send your head to Hurricane and get your 20 h.p. through dyno proven porting for 1000.00 @ half the cost? OH AND for those guys who have the above mentioned additions you can achieve 30 dyno proven H.P. through Hurricane with porting!
Maybe at Totallyamaha.com being a site sponsor get's everyone to ignore the obvious or stops the truth from being stated, not on SW. Hell on TY if you mention something Tom don't like or in a way Tom don't like your banned ( like HONDO) or if you bad mouth a sponsors product.... if your not suken Tom's AZZ , you can't speak the truth!!! This is Snowest not TY and over here were not all on the Mr.Sled suck up wagon blind to the obvious. Nice product but your taking advantage of the consumer with this price!

T
Dec 1, 2007
Triple pipes on a mm are under 20 hp alltho the pipe makers will tell ya 25-30. I have seen a lot of dyno runs on em. Also include the fact you gotta now run premium fuel & use a lot more of it.
Check out the dyno reports on pipes & you will see an honest 131hp is the max from a 700 red head.
http://www.m-performance.com/Sidor/dyno_yamaha.htm

It costs a lot more to mod a 4 stroke engin then any 2 stroke..nature of the beast. The comparison made in the post above is just totally irrelevant.

Premium Features