• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Putting reverse on a 340 indy and tether kill??? help

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Hey guys i am new to the Polaris machines. I just bought a 2001 Polaris 340cc fan cooled Deluxe Indy for my son. It is a perfect sled in mint conditon. I want to put a tether kill switch on not sure if it is possible or if Polaris makes one for these sleds? Also i would like to put reverse on for him not sure if this is possible or if it is a big deal to do?? Anybody with some info to help a poor Cat guy out LOL. Thanks guys!!!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
The electrical system shouldn't be any different than a larger Indy so the tether shouldn't be an issue. Reverse would be possible if the chaincase is similar enough to one of the larger sleds that has a mechanical reverse built into the chaincase gearing system. I haven't pursued this option on my '94 but it is likely possible.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
cool sleds.i would think a trail or sport reverse chaincase would bolt on.might want to check that driveshaft and brakes are the same.

Premium Features