• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D8 pto motor mount issue

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
I noticed the other day when checking the sled over that on the pto front motor mount on top of the engine strap there is the rubber puck and the top front has a 1/16 to 1/8 inch gap between the rubber puck and the aluminum strap and the back half is touching. I put a wrench to it and it was tight. Took it to the dealer they replaced the whole mount and showed me how it had been moving and wore the rubber insert that goes into the strap. But when I picked it up it looks just the same (gap in the front on top of the strap). My question is I surely don't think it should be that way. Is anyone elses look like this or had this issue.
The other issue I have is my sled seems to lose rpm as the motor and clutches warm up. I have tried several different belts seems to do the same thing always ( the clutches never really get that hot you can always lay your bare hand on them and will feel warm but not super hot) will run 8200-8300 for the first 3-5 min and then drop to 8000-8100, I have even tried to lighten the weights up and it seems to do the same thing. When I brought it in I asked the dealer to check the alignment and they told me it was good but I dont see how it can be with the mount like it is. Any Suggestions or fixes?:confused:

Premium Features