• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016/17 Togwotee Snow Conditions

J
Jan 20, 2016
Mankato, Mn
was there from 26-30 and even thought the nws said 5 inches of (fresh)snow, seemed like the south facing slopes had more like 16 inches. guy at gas station in dubois said was the most snow the "town" had gotten in 150 years. didnt take long for it to be beat to death though. LOTS of people that week. going back again in feb. hope its as good then. sorry, didnt mention snow conditions.....hip deep easy to find. snow coming over hood and headlight routine. snow was great.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
The Weather Nation tv station said Jackson is approaching 300" of snow fall for the season. Should give a good idea of what Togwotee is like.

S

SnowMan05

Jan 20, 2016
Anyone riding the 17-21? 3 of us headed there staying at Togwotee lodge looking for a another group to possible ride with off trail.

D

Donnyb313

Jul 27, 2014
Did it get warm and rain at tog or has it been snow? Storm total so far? I'm planning on heading out tomorrow, Trying to decide where to go :juggle:

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
Here now. Over the windshield. People who know how to ride are getting stuck in the meadows.

26 is closed from tog to Jackson. People at the airport can't get to hotel because 26 is close from airport to Jackson.

clharris

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
mantorville mn
Lava mountain lodge

The snow was chest deep all week , trails need to be groomed little dangerous meeting other sleds in corners ( kinda narrow)The lady at the cash register at lava mountain lodge must of been having a bad day yesterday ! ,I wonder how many people she has run off in the past years , the place was a ghost town, , my best advice is don't talk to her !

Last edited:

Skidoox600

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The snow was chest deep all week , trails need to be groomed little dangerous meeting other sleds in corners ( kinda narrow)The lady at the cash register at lava mountain lodge must of been having a bad day yesterday ! ,I wonder how many people she has run off in the past years , the place was a ghost town, , my best advice is don't talk to her !

I was just out there for 10 days, was in lava a few times, that lady is worthless. Seriously she is not human. That place will be closed next year if it doesn't sell is my guess.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Hi guys.. we are thinking of comming down for a ride this comming weekend if snow is good.. not sure where we should stay, we are in Alberta..

Anyone give us some info for loging and places to ride.. we are all expert riders and want and like deep and steep.. 174 turbos..

Was there 25 years ago and stayed at lodge.. at 10 feet above sea level.. would Jackson be more fun at night ??

Thanks for info, you could also text me or call at 4035280444..

Thanks fred

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Hi guys.. we are thinking of comming down for a ride this comming weekend if snow is good.. not sure where we should stay, we are in Alberta..

Anyone give us some info for loging and places to ride.. we are all expert riders and want and like deep and steep.. 174 turbos..

Was there 25 years ago and stayed at lodge.. at 10 feet above sea level.. would Jackson be more fun at night ??

Thanks for info, you could also text me or call at 4035280444..

Thanks fred

If you dont mind the 45 min drive from Jackson up to the Pass then I would for sure stay in Jackson. WAY more to do, lots of places to eat, hang out, several bars, tons of places to stay (but lots more $$). The other advantage to staying in Jackson is you have more options for riding. You can ride just west of town, you unload at Mosquito Creek Rd and head west and south, its awesome back in there. You can also drive 45 min south down to Alpine, tons of options around there.

So far this year the above 2 mentioned locations have had way more snow then up at Togwotee.

If you stay at Tog, your stuck there, good or bad conditions.

Something to think about. Eric

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Thanks Eric, I think Jackson will be the spot then, we stayed there back when I was not old enough to to get in the bars..lol but snuck in a few.. Remember one that had saddles to sit on..

Well if snow is good we will ride those locations you said.. Any good guides in the area, are guys that want to ride this weekend??.. Leaving Thursday.. 9 hrs drive

S

SnowMan05

Jan 20, 2016
Headed to Togwotee right now, will be there in the morning. Wandering how the snow is around there or which way from the lodge is best to head?

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
If you dont mind the 45 min drive from Jackson up to the Pass then I would for sure stay in Jackson. WAY more to do, lots of places to eat, hang out, several bars, tons of places to stay (but lots more $$). The other advantage to staying in Jackson is you have more options for riding. You can ride just west of town, you unload at Mosquito Creek Rd and head west and south, its awesome back in there. You can also drive 45 min south down to Alpine, tons of options around there.

So far this year the above 2 mentioned locations have had way more snow then up at Togwotee.

If you stay at Tog, your stuck there, good or bad conditions.

Something to think about. Eric

we stayed at TOG for 1 wk. over the new-year love the rental cabins/Riding but the restaurant was so busy that you couldn't get any food we ordered and sat for 2+hrs waiting and no show finally we said we were leaving and they said they would deliver to cabin still no show so if your going up there bring some of your own food just in case. and the hot tubs were Ice cold/useless ....so after paying a 1grand for the cabin and ****ty services we will be thinking Twice for next year..:face-icon-small-sad

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
We just got back from Jackson, another group were at the lodge.. They said snow was ok, about a foot of fresh, we went to mosquito one day and we had three new in the trees, also did a few days at north fork, near Belford. Was also very good..

Was snowing like a bastard two days ago as we were leaving

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
just got back from a week of riding and staying at togwotee lodge. snow was great but it is starting to get hard to find untracked...they could use another storm. i would head south and west from lodge, get back in trees.

Premium Features