• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 RPM hangs

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Reflash

700 miles and the sled runs absolutely awesome from A to Z

Other then Hang idle showed up around 500 miles.

Did the Polaris reflash and the hang isle went away and now the sled runs like sh!t from a 1/4 throttle and up.

Bogs, falls on its face when you punch it.

Lost 7 miles per hour on top end

Blows flames out of the canister when doing extended full throttle runs.

Ran it from crane lake to ash trail lodge 26 mile....... held it wide open 90% of the way had two portages to go thru.

The reflash took a great running sled and turned into a weird running pig.

Got about 45 to 50 hours on it and 1000 miles ....... 300 plus with new flash and I hate it.

I have and extra ECM with the original flash so I can go back.

I guess I wait to see if the next flash works better.

I hate to say it but I see the need for a fuel controller soon to tweet the fuel curve.

Dan

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
700 miles and the sled runs absolutely awesome from A to Z

Other then Hang idle showed up around 500 miles.

Did the Polaris reflash and the hang isle went away and now the sled runs like sh!t from a 1/4 throttle and up.

Bogs, falls on its face when you punch it.

Lost 7 miles per hour on top end

Blows flames out of the canister when doing extended full throttle runs.

Ran it from crane lake to ash trail lodge 26 mile....... held it wide open 90% of the way had two portages to go thru.

The reflash took a great running sled and turned into a weird running pig.

Got about 45 to 50 hours on it and 1000 miles ....... 300 plus with new flash and I hate it.

I have and extra ECM with the original flash so I can go back.

I guess I wait to see if the next flash works better.

I hate to say it but I see the need for a fuel controller soon to tweet the fuel curve.

Dan
Leak down numbers still good?

N
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
If you get the reflash you need to relearn the exhaust valve control module with digital wrench while at operating temperature. The operating temperature is important to get the relearn to work. 3 850s with the reflash were throwing between 3 to 36 exhaust valve relearn errors and were cutting out. Also the run on while letting off the throttle was fixed by lubing the throttle cable.

T
Dec 19, 2007
What did you use to lube throttle cable, and where did you get at it to lube it?

If you get the reflash you need to relearn the exhaust valve control module with digital wrench while at operating temperature. The operating temperature is important to get the relearn to work. 3 850s with the reflash were throwing between 3 to 36 exhaust valve relearn errors and were cutting out. Also the run on while letting off the throttle was fixed by lubing the throttle cable.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I also had my sled go from running amazing to running horribly after the new reflash. Had the exhaust valves relearned and going to take it out tomorrow with the kids to see if it's ready to go back out to customers.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Been dealing with the "hang" all season. 650 plus miles. A new flash is coming for us flatlanders......

I've had my sled continue to run without my thumb on the throttle for 25 plus yards....my entire season has been ruined because of this sled. I call Polaris everyday....

Basically the same as my situation. This sled has pretty much ruined my whole riding season. Didnt get delivered til the first week of January, went down on the first day of my first trip. And now Polaris is dicking around with the warranty and havent ok'd any parts to be ordered yet. I have another trip in 2 weeks and this thing has already been down for 2 weeks. If its not fixed by then its bye bye....

Gideup

Premium Member
Dec 6, 2011
Mnt Rainier, WA
Just got reflash last Wednesday, took her up and tree played in snow that covered sled. tight tree riding. 4500ft. My sled absolutely ran like ****. Pin the throttle to ge out of a sh*t hole and sled would totally bog out and would be instantly stuck! Horrible bottom end moving around tight conditions. Later we climbed up the mountain where not as deep and could run wide open in open terrain sled ran great. 6000ft Don’t know what to do and I know my dealer doesn’t have a clue. Not sure if the reflash was a total mistake? Got to admit had the same bogging issue before reflash. 850miles and the smile I had when I got this new sled is starting to go away.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Not noticing the RPM hang issue with the new reflash BUT, my now my sled has a horrible bog and I had to drop clutch weight just to pull RPM's. Going to the Silber N/A reflash. Not digging the latest tune from Polaris.

N
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
Not noticing the RPM hang issue with the new reflash BUT, my now my sled has a horrible bog and I had to drop clutch weight just to pull RPM's. Going to the Silber N/A reflash. Not digging the latest tune from Polaris.

Did you do the relearn procedure for the power valves with digital wrench with your sled around operating temperature? You have to do this after reflashing.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I wonder if this "cruise control" issue is related to the primary clutch sticking. I'm going to have the dealer check it out.

Dealer has had my clutches apart twice and they are mint. Polaris put a new secondary on mine. They ARE working on a new flash for this high idle hang but my winter is over.

Last edited:
Premium Features