• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2006 RMK 900 Build

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well, heres my new project...it wont be a money pit like my 900 hopefully...ok yeh right...

paid $1500 cash...throttle stuck wide open..sled wrecked into a tree...took the front out pretty bad...but i have a roller already

heres the mods it already has on it
06 RMK 900..clear title
153 Camoplast Maverick 2.25" track (SOLD)
3" Pitch Avid anti-rachets (FOR SALE)
225lb front track spring
Ryde fx FTS
Ryde fx rappid RTS
new hyfaxs (sold with rails)
black powdercoated skid (SOLD)
black powder coated tunnel (SOLD)
snowelimnaters (sold with tunnel)
black dragon seat
dragon seat post
09 HOLZ spindles
Gripper skis
Timbersled center console vents (sold console)
polaris under seat bag
6" fly risers (sold it)
fly bars (sold it)
MSD ignition plugs
SLP push arm
SLP torque arm
brandnew stator/flywheel and recoil housing
SLP billet Head
Diamond S hood
Avenger Race Pak
V-force3 reeds (sold it)
new throttle body boots
SLP can (sold it)
2 wheel kit from dragon with black OEM wheels
19/42 gearing
boondockers light resistor
SLP pipe
SLP y-pipe
extended FBF cable

MY parts i have already, or currently waiting for in the mail
Boondockers control box
Van Amburg Boondocker tunnel
I adjusted the TPS already
COMPFUSION front motor mounts
stock boost box
timbersled style intake
Powermadd extended brake lever
brandnew primary
74g MTX weights
09 front end conversion
09 sway bar
09 lower a-arms
09 IQ center console
(4) billet idler wheels
OEM 166" rails

Summer to do
Camoplast Series IV, 2.52" pitch, 2.4" lug, 15 wide, 166" track
stock gauges
timbersled gauge bracket
new TPS harness
fox floats
custom rear motor mounts
balance primary
new clutching setup
front shocks
.377/47 torsion springs
CPI stinger can
Polaris Anti-Vibe riser block
pro taper or rsi bars
rider select delete (the one and only POLZINHUNTER)
06 billet chaincase cover (if POLZINHUNTER takes the challenge ;))
fuel filter
billet front crossmember brace for the front motor mounts
either repair diamond s hood, or get an IQR mod hood
scratchers
anti-stab wheels
09 collant bottle
new jackshaft bearing
custom made lightweight jackshaft
SLP wave brake rotor
8 or 9" rear billet wheels
SLP White Exhaust Springs
port match/polish cylinders myself
black/white secondary spring with 66/44.46 helix with 2 derlin washer
flow test injectors/rebuild
VE front cooler
FTX rear torque arm relocation mod
ALL Mountain Fit Hoods Venting
AND POWDER COAT STUFF WITH AN ORANGE/BLACK COLOR SCHEME

see...thats all ;)

DSCN0063.jpg

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
clutchpowdercoating.jpg
This is the color the sled will be powder coated..will do alot of misc parts with this color...the rest will be black...

this is the actual VE tunnel i am getting as well in june...cant wait
900withVEtunnel.jpg

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
oh come on man, you got the skills..if you can maintain a 900, you can build it just as easy, lol...

thanks for the comments bud...stay tuned in the next few months...this baby should come out quite nicely ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
:yell:JUST LOST THE DEAL ON THE USED BOSS SEAT... TRIED TO SEND MONEY TODAY BUT HE DECIDED TO SELL IT TO HIS BUDDY INSTEAD...EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PROMSIED IT TO ME LAST WEEK...:yell:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
update

Alright..

got the VE tunnel the other day...so that encouraged me to remove the tunnel on my sled now, lol...

got the tunnel off my sled...and HOLY COW...that SUCKED...i hate rivots, my hands are bloody and i have no knuckles anymore, lol....what a PINA!!!

started the mock up of the tunnel to confirm fitment...ran into a few little snags, the VE tunnel is off an 05 900, and of coarse i am sticking on my 06 900 (not my 05 975 project)..so i had to do some drilling, aligning and minor cutting...but its together..NOT permanant though..just a mock up...i am still going to remove the coolant tubes and rear section to get powder coated...

but i am torn on whether to get the center section powder coated black again to make it pretty again...or if i should just leave it...it looks fine, just minor scracthes and whatnot...just dont want to spend the money and the time to do that and it wont look much different...

here are some pics...after i washed it up...just need to get the parts off to powder coating when i get some extra money ;) and the build begins...!!! :face-icon-small-ton

and NO that ford in my driveway is not mine..YUCK...go CHEVY!! :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sean,

Is that Dans old chassis?

Its Gonna look good when you are done!!

That sucks on the seat... I'll keep my eye out for you on another one.

yes sir that sure is Dans old setup...

thanks for the compliments..wont be as sick as the RAW 900 but has my little touch on it, lol...

i was not happy on the seat...couldnt beat $100 Boss seat...but thats how things go you know :rolleyes:

thanks Eric :beer;

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I think i have seen that tunnel before (LOL) Just couldn't wait could you:face-icon-small-hap
HAHA...dude i made it like 3 days before i touched it....and it was hard..i promise that wont happen again..lol

thanks for the help DUCK...i owe you ;)

Nice lookin' KingRanch F150......you should'a claimed that, funny shivy guys....

The 900 is gonna look trick....I like black....

eww!!! thats my buddies MOMS truck..he wants everyone to think its his...but i mak sure they all know its his mommies...

my 08 chevy 1500 has alot more room inside then any other truck beside a mega cab...i love it..:face-icon-small-hap

the sled will be black/orange..should be trick..

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Black w/ Orange was my first choice for colors on the RAW build... I may still switch back :face-icon-small-dis

That will be a great color scheme.

Have you picked colors hues/finishes yet and what components get what?

I've seen quite a few of the VE BD tunnels... not too many that are single color... most get broken up into two colors... what are you planning on going with? New Powder coating? (don't coat the coolers if you do)

Don't push the healing process with stupid stunts/work... Or you wont be riding next year my friend:face-icon-small-sho
Speedy recovery!!

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Black w/ Orange was my first choice for colors on the RAW build... I may still switch back :face-icon-small-dis

That will be a great color scheme.

Have you picked colors hues/finishes yet and what components get what?

I've seen quite a few of the VE BD tunnels... not too many that are single color... most get broken up into two colors... what are you planning on going with? New Powder coating? (don't coat the coolers if you do)

Don't push the healing process with stupid stunts/work... Or you wont be riding next year my friend:face-icon-small-sho
Speedy recovery!!

i am working on a few small parts right now so i can powder coat them...trying to see what will be visible and what wont, lol...

dont want to get too carried away with the orange...so will do some here and there...

why not powder coat the coolers? even VE does it on their tunnels...and powder coat doesnt hold in heat like some paints or the bedliner would. lots of guys do the coolers and rear coolers on there sleds? even engines?

im trying not to over due myself with the knee...hard to sit around..i am not one to watch tv all day...trying to take it easy (somewhat) lol...

thanks eric..

OrangeBlackVEtunnel.jpg

i want to do it like the one in the pic ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
well got a little done today..

took the tunnel/bulkhead assembly to the powder coater to get a quote on getting it coated like the one in the pic above (of coarse MY tunnel is slightly different on the side) and he said $250 MAX...OUCH....but he is also 3 weeks booked right now..so i will remove what i need coated from him and see if i can get it for $150 (seems more reasonable for me) and get it there in june..

i powder coated some misc parts myself today and it looks SICK....will post some pics when i do a few more parts...

i started mounting the bulkhead permenantly today, and installed what i could..

but waiting to pick up the 166 track/rails/drivers from a buddy before i can install the driveshaft/track/rails/rear suspension

need to get a new jackshaft bearing, Wave Rotor so i can install the jackshaft

need to install the custom rear motor mount brackets as well.

REALLY want to convert the FNI HiFlo vents (BELOW) on there but not sure if it will work, but if i do that, i need to change the center console to the Dragon one

vent.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Anything new Sean you are dropping on the thread list buddy...

hey bro,

i actually just picked up the 166 series IV track and 166 rails from a buddy on here about an hour ago..

also got some stock drivers from him as well..so i will be able to install the driveshaft track/rails within a month, get the tunnel powder coated next month and it will start looking like a sled again, lol.

just need to get some stuff custom made so i can install the motor and should be looking good... ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
was looking to get some inputs from my fellow builders out there..

should i powder coat the RAILS----ORANGE, and the front/rear TORQUE ARMS---BLACK, or the other way around...

the tunnel will look VERY similar to the one in the ppic above (orange/black) and will have alot of small parts up front of the sled thats orange as well...

so trying to debate if the orange rails would be too much orange in the rear and not match the front???

inputs??

Premium Features