• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 REV 800 wont start

C
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
I rode the sled on Saturday for about 2 hrs and the Carbs were freshly cleaned and tuned. Now it wont start at all, the plugs are wet, but seem to be more oil wet than anything. are their fuel filters inline on the gas line anywere that maybe clogged? i couldn't find any but need some guidance on what to check next.

and yes there is gas in the gas tank. haha.

C
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
spark is there, that is the weird thing, also the inside of my air box is pretty wet, I am not sure that is sposed to be that wet or wet at all. Plugs are good.

compression is good also.

Could my rave's be stuck open? I am going to check those when I get home. I put new gaskets in this past weekend, due to they were leaking.

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
check your fuel pump theres a spring that like to build up with ice if there any ice in there it wont start. By now you probably have a bunch of gas in the crank case. Thats why you have wet plugs,flooding out.

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
smart thinkin. is it stored inside? did you try just pulling it over a bunch with the plugs out to see if there is an abunance of gas? and what do the plugs look like when you put new ones it are they wet with gas smell or just a nasty sludge black?

S

sonday_2

Feb 2, 2008
Kotlik
if no drain plug in bottom of crank case take one plug off and tip it to it side and start pulling that gas should come out and repeat to the other side.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Yea pull the plugs and pull on the rope and see how much fuel squirts out of the holes.

If it is loaded up your floats might be messed up over filling float bowls.

Be carfull we had that happen on an old Phazer, pulled hard and the fuel shot to the ceiling and arced off the light buld above and the flame dripped down and caught the sled on fire,

Not that that would happen on a rev but the plug wire could ignight it..

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
Yea pull the plugs and pull on the rope and see how much fuel squirts out of the holes.

If it is loaded up your floats might be messed up over filling float bowls.

Be carfull we had that happen on an old Phazer, pulled hard and the fuel shot to the ceiling and arced off the light buld above and the flame dripped down and caught the sled on fire,

Not that that would happen on a rev but the plug wire could ignight it..

I hate to laugh at your misfortune, but that's some grizwald luck right there. That's just a nasty comedy of errors

Premium Features