• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pics of my TSS 1200 powderlite turbo Doo

A
JVB

Funny since you got one of the first 3 PL sleds you would be the guy to have your pompoms up the highest.
You just said you haven't heard or seen much from them(mcx), have you heard of the Gristle boys???? they seem to have sleds that work????
I've seen videos of them making climbs that look just as hard as the vid that where posted here???

As for how many kits where sold last year??how many PL kits where sold last year???
OH that would be 2. because there where only 3 in existence.!!!!there where over 40 mcx1200 kits sold last year.
Say what you want,85% of the guys out there want reliable sleds that they don't have to screw with, and that's not PL, the RB3 is no where near refined enough to say, go drive it at 1000' or 8000' and it will run good. where the MCX will run from 1000' to 8000' and be good at all levels, maybe not the best at 1000 or 8000' but good at all elevations.
And before you or anyone tries to declaim that , remember you haven't rode with any to know.

Sledrevy.

I don't know where YOU GET OFF TALKING ABOUT DRIVING DRUNK, But when it comes to HIGH HP sleds I don't take the chance, I've raced everything that has engines(sleds, bikes ,tough trucks,street cars, and I don't go there!

And you haven't got a clue about tuning flatland sleds, we time our race sleds in 100th of a second and tune them on the edge of melt down to beat the next guy,
we run in excess of 150mph in less then 8 seconds.
you think it's so easy!!! bring it on!
I know of a turbo builder that thought flatland tuning was easy, he learned different very fast.

Whats my point, don't put down the other side of the coin unless you have been there, I understand the loads that elevation put on a sled but don't think for a minute that what we do is so easy.
Hay if you do!!! Come on down I'll be glad to take your money, i may not be able to tune a mountain sled but I can sure tune one for 500' to 3000' races

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

A
I just reread your post!

I like how you said you have guys running that sled on the strip and it runs great.LOLOLOLLO If you only knew how dam long it took them to get it to run that way you would puke.Dunn has struggled to make that sled run, it wasn't a case of take the mountain map and run it on the strip, in fact it was NO WHERE NEAR THAT!!!! and if you believe anything else your smoking some of BC's finest.

What you guys do with sleds isn't easy, but what we do is no where near that aswell, the comment of "just run it rich and pin" it is NO WHERE NEAR RIGHT.
And if you think it is, come to ONT I'll be GLAD to clean out you wallets for you.

What it comes down to is if you think there is only one game in town when it comes to mountain sleds, then you in for a awakening.

Cliff Yeatman
Advanced Dyno

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
i get you cliff but i'm not challenging u and let get it strait out of 85% of flatlander who ride do what you do your?.....ur in a class of your own and by all rights, right on i Back u.... but u know the trails and the drunks and the deaths with high horse power you have dodge them like me...... not saying ur that or a drunk but ur a small part of that 85% your talking about and this is a hill climbing post.....
and yes the grissle boys got a great running sled so does Darrel Baker;) and turbo performance and boondocker but why the mcx hype? you just said you cant tune a mountain sled but no one here debated u on it or said our mountain sleds will take u on the track.... so whos pom poms are high? all the love for you brother one flat lander to another but what gives?;)

yeh and when i say just run it rich and pin its gets under your skin right so sorry I know your world but have u personaly walk the mountain riders shoes? do u mountain ride at all? just would like to know were you coming from brother?

Last edited:
A
ALL right! I'll give ,I'm a big man!!!!!..........................no really I am a big man LOL 6'5" 235IBS And I know when to say truce.!!!!

Your right it's two different worlds, But my point is until you have run against all kits that are out there, you CAN NOT CLAIM YOUR AS THE BEST!!!!.

I have seen with my own eyes what a pl kit makes on FL and aswell that of mcx and fpp, and in my world(flatland)pl ain't got it.and you said your self the gristle boys have them working!!!best thing about the mcx is the computer does the math for you, NO SCREWING with maps, if you want to run 20Ib's of boost the computer knows what to do,all you have to do is change 1 spring!!!to go to 20+ib's no mapping or frigging with the computer.

think about what it's taken for you to get to 300hp, the MCX kit has it done for you with just a spring change, and it will run CLEAN from idle to 8500 rpm.

Hay to me 300hp that is smooth from idle to WOT and has no lag is better then 360hp only in its small Sweet spot, think about that when your dodging through the trees!

Cliff Yeatman
advanced Dyno

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
Funny dyno boy if you would reread your own post you would realize the point. You said they are so many people switching from pl to mcx when in reality there was only a couple kits out last year. Hmmmm. How can so many people be switching when there wasn't any to start with. Yeah gristle boys seem to know there stuff, I saw there videos looked good, sled looks sick. I think I even saw that name on a box somewhere. Have I ever said one bad thing about mcx NO!. Just said I haven't seen any on the snow. We all know that they make great kits. Everyone is new to skidoo and I don't believe anyone has more MOUNTAIN miles on one than PL's/TSS. Time will tell :)

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
ALL right! I'll give ,I'm a big man!!!!!..........................no really I am a big man LOL 6'5" 235IBS And I know when to say truce.!!!!

Your right it's two different worlds, But my point is until you have run against all kits that are out there, you CAN NOT CLAIM YOUR AS THE BEST!!!!.

I have seen with my own eyes what a pl kit makes on FL and aswell that of mcx and fpp, and in my world(flatland)pl ain't got it.and you said your self the gristle boys have them working!!!best thing about the mcx is the computer does the math for you, NO SCREWING with maps, if you want to run 20Ib's of boost the computer knows what to do,all you have to do is change 1 spring!!!to go to 20+ib's no mapping or frigging with the computer.

think about what it's taken for you to get to 300hp, the MCX kit has it done for you with just a spring change, and it will run CLEAN from idle to 8500 rpm.

Hay to me 300hp that is smooth from idle to WOT and has no lag is better then 360hp only in its small Sweet spot, think about that when your dodging through the trees!

Cliff Yeatman
advanced Dyno

yeh mcx has the same set up as the nytro its a great system and it realy come down to who biulds you sled right? if i was there by you u the man all day brother!!!!! yeh truce this has been fun and i Get you realy no bs hope u see Im saying the same as u :):beer;
by all right nobodies the best this early in the game just the men on the track and the men climbing the big chute peace brother?

Last edited:
J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
You think that mcx had all sorts of hours on them last year. Yeah right!! I'm sure there were more out there they are a lot bigger company than pl. I know most of the guys werent getting them till then end of the year last year. I know I was looking into one myself So if you think they have that many more hours on them your kidding yourself. THey may have had more kits out, but I know for a fact they were not all just rippin right out the gate. . I'm sure there is a big difference in flat land and mountain and im sure dave is finding out all about that. Maybe they don't work that well in flatland, but in the mountains they work.

A
Exactly!! right now IT IS ANYONE"S GAME!!!

you said it earlier, it's more the man on the sled then the sled in alot of cases.and that NOT MORE TRUE then in the mountains, and hell I'll be the first to agree with you, you guys are nuts!!!
But I'm sure if I lived out there it would 't be to long before I would be charging for the top as well.

This whole argument started over a claim of HP, not the ability of a driver or the sled, thats all!!!

I'm in the business of finding and verifying hp, thats my job, so when someone claims something that I don't think in real i just want proof!!

I never disclaimed the sled for what it did!!! just it's claimed HP, and it turned into a ______show, so for that I apologize.

we each do our own thing and both have there challenges and problems to over come and they are both very different.

Have a good season guys, I'm bowing out of this thread.

Cliff yeatman
Advanced Dyno

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
Ok. Laughing Now.

That is some funny chit.

yeh beans new you were there u the man !!!F^cken love you brother go get that turbo theres big chit callen our name!!!!!!!:):beer;

eagles.jpg

eagles2.jpg

jk.jpg

ew.jpg

nxc.jpg

:):beer;

Last edited:
P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Pictures of TSS/PowderLites turbo

Cliff You have the right name to come ride out west!
First of all this is more of your personal attacks against me or Powder Lites which is what I always expect from you!
But why pick on SledRevy on Snow west forums or anyone else in here??
Grizboys has been very good to me and I hope we have treated them the same way with respect!
Cliff your repect on any forums has gone over the little cliffdrop out east somewhere!
I always help guys out even with some other kit or what ever it is.
Just my nature to make people happy by getting the best performance out of their ride.
To just go bashing anyone who has bought something from Powder Lites is very low!
Thanks for all the support for me and my team of guys at Powder Lites!

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
Cliff You have the right name to come ride out west!
First of all this is more of your personal attacks against me or Powder Lites which is what I always expect from you!
But why pick on SledRevy on Snow west forums or anyone else in here??
Grizboys has been very good to me and I hope we have treated them the same way with respect!
Cliff your repect on any forums has gone over the little cliffdrop out east somewhere!
I always help guys out even with some other kit or what ever it is.
Just my nature to make people happy by getting the best performance out of their ride.
To just go bashing anyone who has bought something from Powder Lites is very low!
Thanks for all the support for me and my team of guys at Powder Lites!

No problem thank you and your team with as buisy as u guys are and taking the time so early in the game to make the sled rock like weve seen on the hill im glad the in the end I went with u guys.....u do more than sell a good story;):):beer;

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Cliff Yeatman:

I'm psyched you're deep into development and pushing the performance aspect of the Turbo'd Doo 1200's.
I know the MCX kit will be an excellent kit!
They've certainly proven themselves with other sleds and they're sure to put a good kit on the market for Doo.

That said, it's getting really annoying watching you follow Powderlites around here and on DooTalk and take cheap shots at them constantly.
Those guys are trying hard, serving their customers actively(unlike others around here), and are moving the ball down the field in a way that we all benefit from. [Note: Hurricane Performance has been an excellent outfit to do business with as well]

Are they zealous about their product - hell yeah!
Are the others as well - of course.
Does their zeal mean they're disingenuous - NO.

Grow up, and add something to the discussion - I know you are capable of that should you choose to participate.
You're certainly not helping your self to sell that 5th MCX kit.
Hell, if I was MCX I'd be looking for a way to politely silence you.

I bought a PL kit, and did some other work to my motor too - I hope it runs well.
Time will tell - no pom poms here; just looking for good HP and good clutching.
I looked at MCX, TP, FPP and some others and for me, it seemed like PL has a good thing going for the mountain market and they communicate well. Quite frankly, I really liked the Turbo Performance option and fellas too. Our local (Buena Vista) MCX guys are largely Yami focused, and hadn't built a T-Doo yet when I spoke with them last fall.

To us in the mountains, there's a lot more to it than top speed.
300 miles down goomers - boring. Drag racing on a frozen lake - 2 passes and we're heading back up high to boondock and climb.
Come on out some time we'll show you what its all about.
(we're a good group, and we're kind enough to help dig those FLIT sleds out as well)

SledRevy: Your sled looks great! Keep the pics & vids coming. Love that one with you and the CF chassis, have watched it a few times while praying for snow. Thx!

MtnDoo
Dyno-Free in Colorado

BTW - as far as lake racers vs mtn riders, LOL. Two totally different disciplines. I don't see sportbike pilots talking down to MX or GNCC guys. I love reading about the drag racing thing, but taking a 10 sec pull or two accross a frozen pond in no way compares to the 40+ miles we put on today high in the central Colorado mountains. Just different.

Last edited:
D

DLUX

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
Ok this thread is pretty senseless but i would like to throw in my 2 cents i have a PL 1200 turbo, and i was really impressed with them and how well the have dealt with all of the pressure of delivering these kits i think it caught them off gaurd of how popular these kits were going to be. But i was even more impressed by the service, you call they answer no matter when, when i was down there at christmas i ran into a few snags they were right there to help me out and do what they could to get me going. i have had 2 MCX kits and they did work well but they never worked AMAZING they were always just good enough i believe that PL is building a kit that has the potential to be AMAZING everytime you hit the key, as any good sled builder knows it takes time to perfect tunning etc.

As far as anvance dyno is concerned i believe it comes down to fear and jealousy, from seeing the way Cliff has conducted himself in regards to powderlite i wouldn't deal with him if he was the last turbo guy standing.
As far as all the flatland BS i'd bet anyday that a mountian guy could tune a flatlanders sled better than a flatlander could tune a mountian sled!

Last edited:
T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
The only thing fast about Yeatman is his big yap. That guys nothing but a motormouth. I know of one MCX he built this fall thats been back 6 times and counting... Challenge it Cliff I'll name his name and his info for anyone to follow up :rolleyes:

Premium Features