• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Antigravity Batteries

kinneyt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Wing, MN
Anyone have any experence with these batteries? http://antigravitybatteries.com/ytz7-8/
I am thinking about getting one but that is a lot of money for a battery to find out it does not work in the cold.

My bike came stock with a YTZ5 and it has 85 cranking amps not enough to start it in the cold. 2014 Berg FE501

B
Jan 23, 2012
Colorado
I think Antigravity makes some of the best LiFePO4 batteries on the market. That said, they still have the same issue all LiFePO4 batteries have in the cold. You'll be a lot happier with a Yuasa YTZ7S. Been there, done that.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Please don't bash me but I am running the shori battery and have had great luck with it. Heard all the bad things about it.....after I bought it but I bought the charger for it that charges every cell. The shori is a lithium IRON, not a lithium ion, if that makes a differance and I left my bike out in 10 degree weather for two nights in a row and started it both mornings without letting the bike recharge the batt. Or putting a charger on it and it work fantastic. I charge my batt. Between rides and it has worked great....for me. Just thought I would share what I have found...garry

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Never understood why youd pay 200+ bucks for a battery that doesnt have a good track record especially in the cold when you could have 3 YTZ7S batteries that will last you many more years. When u buy a LiPo budget for the right charger.

R
Dec 30, 2013
We only had problem with those battery, and they dont really respect they warranty policy.

http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?143193-AntiGravity-Autopsy-pics&p=1547353&viewfull=1#post1547353

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Never understood why youd pay 200+ bucks for a battery that doesnt have a good track record especially in the cold when you could have 3 YTZ7S batteries that will last you many more years. When u buy a LiPo budget for the right charger.

When placed on the scale it weighs in at 3.53 Pounds
picture.php

The OEM Battery weighs in at 14.38 pounds
picture.php

Net Weight Savings = -10.85Lbs !

Note:
If you opted for the 12 cell version, you would save an additional 0.8lbs

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Id take the Yuasa 20 any day. Once you start having battery issues you will wish you had the extra 10lbs of lead ! LiPo sucks.

If it takes 10lbs to be a better rider id suggest more practice !

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
LOL, thats good for you Christopher. You keep rocking that battery and your MPI Nytro ! Can't wait for the next review :face-icon-small-dis:deadhorse:

Premium Features