• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO RMK Rumors

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Thanks guys, mine hasn't even left the garage for it's first ride and you're already spending my money on a new sled!! :face-icon-small-ton

R

rjkoll

Nov 4, 2009
Realistically there is probably just some 800 H.O. motor planned that makes 10 more horse than what there is now... nothing earth shattering like Bugito said.[/QUOTE]

I agree an 800 H.O. motor would not be anything you would consider earth shattering, but in a way wouldn't it kind of be? There is going to be a lot of heads turned from other brands if Poo comes out with a RELIABLE 800 H.O. motor. What is the number 1 question riders from other brands ask in the Poo forums? Does the pro feel underpowered? Now that Polaris has proved that even with a lower output motor, the pro can still keep up if not beat most 2 stroke sleds on the hill (more true when technical handling is involved), imagine what an H.O. motor would do for Polaris. An extra ten horse on a sled that is only 431 lbs will make quite a difference for a sled that is already keeping up with only 145ish HP. Polaris has already made lots of money off of their chassis, and if they come up with a new H.O. motor, half the current pro owners are going to upgrade and a large number of other brand riders that have been concerned with the lower H.P. are going to see the better H.P. numbers and switch. Seems like a perfect move for Polaris IMO.

Burr

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Luverne Mn
Yes lets get some more snow before we get to wild with are dreams. Dont forget about the motors Indy Dan at Indy Specialty is woking on. Main ones are a 1150 cc twin and a 1300 triple. All i would say is that i would get a motor from him before a first year polaris one. His would most likly have better warranty also because he does not put stuff out that breaks. Now if polaris would do a better job on that things would be great.I dont have a pro yet but would love to But will wait a bit as my 09 dragon that im afraid to use even with 250 miles on it will have to become the spare because it in not worth anything now. So i use my 04 edges because they work.I will get a pro as soon as i can because it is the best out there now.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
How about a pro with poweradictions 1100 from the factory only thing you gotta worry about is hangin on.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
A tripple would be awesome. Would a 1200 tripple two stroke in a Pro weigh less than a 1100T AC PC? I don't know, but its fun to dream! :face-icon-small-coo

Realistically there is probably just some 800 H.O. motor planned that makes 10 more horse than what there is now... nothing earth shattering like Bugito said.

Oh yeah it would, figure another cyl and pipe ect would add 40 pounds, 475 prob empty

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
A DI engine is very expensive to develop. Doo wouldn't have theirs if not for Evinrude. Very hard to make back that kind of development cost. I think there would be a market for a super premium sled from every mfg. Kind of a Lexus, Infinity deal. I know there is a market for a $20,000 sled when guys spend double that at on Yamahas and carbon chassis 2 stroke turbos. Build the cost of rebuild into the purchase price or have an extended warranty that is big bucks. Think factory turbo, titanium everything and carbon everything else. Not near as expensive when you don't have to throw out perfectly good factory parts first. I would pay 20 for a factory turbo 385lb Pro. I am at about 17 now with shocks and a silber turbo. AND could the factories come out with boards that work? This is just retarded. Cutting the tunnel to fit aftermarket boards like the air frames or even a set of better board style boards.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
I bet you see a 165 horse motor for the Pro. There going to want to stay on top because Doo is up for a new chassis and seems how the XP was an epic fail, there going to try to get some of there sales back from Polaris. So Polaris will come out with a sick motor and more peeps will stay with Polaris and some will come over from other brands. The Pro is not under powered, not by a long shot. But the peeps that want a paper that says 160+ will finally make the switch just because they want that small man syndrome overcome :D

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
I bet you see a 165 horse motor for the Pro. There going to want to stay on top because Doo is up for a new chassis and seems how the XP was an epic fail, there going to try to get some of there sales back from Polaris. So Polaris will come out with a sick motor and more peeps will stay with Polaris and some will come over from other brands. The Pro is not under powered, not by a long shot. But the peeps that want a paper that says 160+ will finally make the switch just because they want that small man syndrome overcome :D

the xp was an epic fail? best selling sled on the market is not usually considered a fail.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Why fix what aint broke?

Let everyone else raise the bar a little more then they may change something serious. Right now I bet they will just reap the rewards.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Spring of 2010 ,I think May,, at chains end parking lot in the snowies ,when there was no snow any where else ,two polaris semis were there and they had lap tops out everywhere on sleds ,,when I started to come look a guy intercepted me and kinda stopped me from seeing much ,,they were all short track sleds,BUT there was a four stroke sled there in a rush chassie,when I yelld ,hey thats a 4 stroke they shut it off! We hung out there for about a half hour while we loaded and un suited and they were verry tight lipped!Hope they dont use the webber motor!!

H
Dec 4, 2007
NW
They are probably working on a new 4-stroke turbo but way lighter and better handling then the competition. They have the resources with their engine partners. Maybe a Pro RMK FST? The cat 1100 turbo probably is selling okay for those who like it. I would rather hope for a 800 HO.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Polaris already has the license to existing DI technology via Orbital.

A DI engine is very expensive to develop. Doo wouldn't have theirs if not for Evinrude. Very hard to make back that kind of development cost. I think there would be a market for a super premium sled from every mfg. Kind of a Lexus, Infinity deal. I know there is a market for a $20,000 sled when guys spend double that at on Yamahas and carbon chassis 2 stroke turbos. Build the cost of rebuild into the purchase price or have an extended warranty that is big bucks. Think factory turbo, titanium everything and carbon everything else. Not near as expensive when you don't have to throw out perfectly good factory parts first. I would pay 20 for a factory turbo 385lb Pro. I am at about 17 now with shocks and a silber turbo. AND could the factories come out with boards that work? This is just retarded. Cutting the tunnel to fit aftermarket boards like the air frames or even a set of better board style boards.

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I heard they will offer something bigger than a 600 in the RMK next year. :face-icon-small-ton

LMAO !! You Doo boys better hope that's not true. Doo's already need numerous mods to keep up to a stock Pro. What will you boys do if Poo ups the hp in the Pro ? Let the pot-stirring begin !!

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
For 2013 it would be nice if they knocked a few hundred bucks OFF the price tag.... If they want me to pay nearly $13,000 for a sled by the time I have to pay tax, license, and dealer fees that's asking a lot... Hell I paid $13K for my Super Duty... and IT has heated leather seats!!!!!

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
The talk I heard from an "informed source" is that 600 and 800 Fuji 2 stroke engines will reappear very soon. The thinking being that Polaris has their hands full with the ATV and Victory engines. This made sense as we are only talking about 2 engines. I need to go riding.

Premium Features